『 The 'countryhumans react' videos 』

[This was edited starting 23/5/21, so any comment before this is old.]

• ° * •  Note  • * ° • 

Dont start with the "all gacha is bad" thing because it's s not. I have nothing against Gacha-Life/Gacha-Club. This chapters specify deaigned to speak about my concerns about the countryhumans react vidoes and just some things that annoy me.

1 [Un/One]. Character designs

The character designs just seem sloppy to me. They dont look like much effort is given in them. And dont get me wrong, I really do like the designs and effort some people put into it, but most of the time the only thing different is the hair and the outfits are full of stereotype. Japan is the biggest example. They're always in a school girl uniform with cat ears and a tail. Not to mention always the shipper. I wish, as I've said before, more people expanded with their countries and 

2 [Deux/Two]. The United States is VERY emotinal

I'm not saying people can't be emotional, because it is okay to cry and express your emotions in however way you feel comfortable. It's fine to show emotions, it's okay to cry, and ita okay to react to triggers. But what bothers me is how easily America just starts sobbing. Especially compared to other countries who are also forced to sit there and rewatch their traumas in the form of a meme. I know the US has gone through some rough history as well as a traumatic past, but so has every country that has ever existed. No country has had perfect history, with wants comes fights so I wish that other countries would show emotions too when a meme of their country pops up, because as I said, it's okay to show emotions and it's normal to do so.

The United States is a lot tougher than some of y'all make him out to be. He's handled some situations a lot better than he's shown and much more independent than depicted. He isn't perfect, he'll be upset and he will cry, but why make him so overly emotional he can't see a single meme of his history without sobbing in Russia's arms?

3 [trois/three]. Everybody react the same.

Humans are different. Shocker, I know. How you respond to a trigger will be different from your neighbours, or strangers, or parents, or friends, or anybody.

They may not be vocal about their triggers or they may not feel comfortable and want to leave. They may cry, may feel uncomfortable crying and not do it in front of the others, hide or look for closure. They may not react at all. 

So having every countryhuman react the same way but then have just one country be different (and quite frankly be the only country to even show emotions throughout the entire video) is really boring and doesn't make people want to continue watching because theres nothing more to watch. Sharing some uniqueness with all your characters, giving them each differences in terms of how you present their emotions and show how they all respond to things will make your video so much better and more interesting. 

Its fine to focus more on the emotions of one character more than others too if you're very involved with that character or relate to them. There's nothing wrong with having a favourite or comfort character because everybody does one way or another. But don't exclude or pretend nobody else has emotions becides your favourite either.

Triggers happen to everybody, not one country, and not one feeling will be felt when a trigger is set off.

4 [Quatre/Four]. The way some people show Third Reich.

This goes without saying. Some make her a femboy with cat ears and thats not okay to do. Making somebody who killed millions of innocent people like that isn't okay.

5 [cinq/four]. Ships.

Japan x South Korea, Russia x America and Nazi x Soviet Union seem to be the 3 most popular ones. I have explained what's wrong with them in my oneshots so I'm just going to copy-&-paste what I wrote there and add it here.

[Japan × South Korea] History lesson; Japan invaded Korea in the 1590's as well. They had a war called the Injin war. In 1592 Japan invaded Korea and it is called the Imjin invasion. They trucked in 1596 only for Japan to invade them again a year later which is called the Chongyu War. In 1910, the Japan Empire attacked Korea again until 1945. During that time, Japan forced the Koreans to not speak Korean, raped them and tried wiping out all korean culture. Korea had a movement on March 1st of 1919 for indepence from Japan, which sadly failed. Nobody seems to think about the fact on how Korea doesnt forgive Japan either. And I believe they refuse to admit war crimes towards each other. While North Korea and Japan has discussed making a diplomatic relationship, South Korea and Japan are still pointing fingers at each other and blaming each other for things. According to the BBC news article, "At the centre is South Korea's demands that Japan pay what they consider to be appropriate reparations for atrocities committed during the Japanese occupation of the Korean peninsula from 1910 to 1945, particularly the use of forced labour." So they haven't forgiven them, and at this point, it isnt going to happen.

[America × Russia] RusAme is already a very popular ship as is it. It's popular enough to the point where I just dont care, but Russia and America does have a strained relationship. It's a bitter-sweet. They have diplomatic relations, but then NATO bombed Yugoslavia in 1999 which did place a huge stone in their relationship. 

[Soviet Union × Third Reich] Third Reich backstabbed The Soviet Union in 1941 and invaded them to try and kill not only their Jewish population but expand nazism. They hated each other after that and the Soviets fought agaist them. The nazi's actions cant be denied. What they did was awful, and can't be undone. They killed millions of innocent people just because of religion. However, the Soviet's actions cant be let go either. They both attacked Poland, dividing the country between them and killing their people. It isn't something you throw away like that.

6 [six]. People focus too much on one country

As I've said before, expand with your countries and spice things up! Maybe I'm just saying that because I'm not able to stay focused on one thing for too long, but expand and see what else you can experiment with! It would be awesome to see some African countries or even countries like Bangladesh and Nepal pop up!