『 South Korea x Japan 』

[Edited originally as of 6/7/21]

[Edited currently as of 21/7/23]

I've had like, 3 ship chapters but this ship in particular annoys me so much and I've rarely seen people say anything about it. 

Look, before I begin, I got into an argument with somebody over this and I have to say, I have nothing against people's ships. Whatever you ship is all up to you and your preferences, but it is not okay to ship enemies and pretend life is all good. There is a fine line between liking a ship for its good relations and liking a ship just because their geography and common stereotypes.  There is more to these nations than just what you see via kpop and anime. Stop supporting this crap.

Anyways, lets get into as to why this ship is bad now.

1.  Japan Tortured Koreans.

     I talked about this in the previous chapter—it was actually the first ship I ever mentioned—but because it fits here I might as well include it again. I won't go as deeply into it since I've already mentioned all this stuff.

     History lesson; Japan invaded Korea in the 1590's as well. They had a war called the Injin war. In 1592 Japan invaded Korea and it is called the Imjin invasion. They trucked in 1596 only for Japan to invade them again a year later which is called the Chongyu War. In 1910, the Japan Empire attacked Korea again until 1945. During that time, Japan forced the Koreans to not speak Korean, raped them and tried wiping out all korean culture. Korea had a movement on March 1st of 1919 for indepence from Japan, which sadly failed.

     Thats not even close to it. The Japanese Empire during World War 2 especially would enslave women (many from Korea and China) and use them for their own delight. These women were called 'comfort women', defined as women (and even younger girls) forced into sexual slavery. The Japanese Army was raping teenage girls. These women were so badly abused and mistreated many commited suicide or died from their assult. I do talk a lot more about this in my chapter about the Japanese Empire, as well as some women who were previously one and have shared their stories.

2. Japan never apologized to Korea.

     Somebody wanted to add this so Here it is; Japan has never apologized to Korea for what they had done. Neither Korea. Neither Korea, nor China, nor Philippines nor anybody. There isn't much to talk about with this because it's a simple statement of "they hadn't apologized" and there isn't much to overlap on this. Simply just keep in mind they've never admitted or formally apologized even with evidence of their crimes. A few Japanese politicians have admitted and apologised to these crimes—Do not think everybody is nieve or ignorant—though a formal apology has never officially been stated.

3. They're still mad at each other for these reasons.

     Because of the two reasons stated above, neither countries are really friends and their people have stated their dislike for this ship. Korea doesn't forgive Japan for what they've done to them in the past and continue to ignore, and they have the right to be aggervated. While North Korea and Japan have discussed making a diplomatic relationship, South Korea and Japan are still pointing fingers at each other and have a very strained relationship and that's fine. Not everything will be sunshine and rainbows, there's conflicts, there's fights, and there's enemies.