| England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland as the siblings of UK |

That title is a little specific but it's what I've seen a lot of.

I'm actually unsure if this is an issue still or whether it's irrelevant anymore, but from a lot of the older stories involving the UK, England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Irelandare usually deemed as the younger brother's of UK, or even children sometimes and I think that's really really weird. 

Like, how do you think the UK was formed..? Who do you think came first to form the unification?

Normans in England invaded & conquered southern Wales in 1093, but it wasn't until 1284 when Kingdom of England's king, King Edward I, had invaded Northern Wales and made it the Principality of of Wales. Reguardless, Wales and England were still under the same roof, were already together prior to Scotland coming into the picture, which by the way occurred in 1707 and formed Great Britain. "United Kingdom" did not exist until 1801 after Irish parliment was abolished upon the Act of Union and Kingdom of Ireland joined the already existing Great Britain.

Even so half of y'all forget the Irish War of Independence and act like the two love each other. They don't. Ireland wouldn't want to associate herself with UK and Northern Ireland wouldn't want to associate themselves with Ireland either.

So. Point being; England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland even wouldn't be the "siblings" of the modern United Kingdom. They'd be parents, grandparents if you make the British Empire the parents, something older than UK because they are the reason United Kingdom is even United.