Chapter 1

Aethers pov:

After getting my sibling and powers taken away by an unknown God, my search began. I miss my sister so much and hope that wherever she is, shes safe.

My only hope is to travel around Teyvat and pray that one day I will find you, Lumine.

----------
I push open the old, wooden door and enter the tavern. I heard it sells the best wine in all of Mondstadt, as I enter I notice a young looking boy passed out on the floor. He's wearing a lot of green and has two matching braids sprawled out on the wood planks, his hair is dark blue but fades into a bright aqua colour at the tips of his braids.

"Don't mind him, this happens all the time", I hear a voice speak to me from behind the counter and I notice a man with bright red hair drying some wine glasses with a towel.
"Take a seat, what can I get for you?" He asks politely.
"Uh, I heard the Dandelion Wine is good so ill take a glass of that" I say while taking a seat in front of him.

He pauses and looks up at me, then at my clothes before he says,
"You don't look like you're from around here". I chuckle,
"Because i'm not", he puts the glass he just dried underneath the counter and reaches for another.
"Believe it or not, i dont actually see that many newcomers around here, its refreshing to speak to someone new".
I smile,
"Glad I could switch things up a bit then", he puts the glass under the counter again and reaches for another.

"So, what brings you to Mondstadt then?"
I swallow the lump in my throat,
"My sister and I used to travel between worlds, but we unexpectedly encoutered an unknown god. She took away my sister and my powers so now I am trapped in this world. I know my sister is somewhere in Teyvat, I can feel it", I say while putting a hand over my heart.
"I am on a journey to find my sister so I came to Mondstadt in hope of gathering some clues as to where she may be".

The man behind the counter sighs and reaches for another glass,
"Im assuming this sister of yours has the same blonde hair and the same... unique clothing?", I nod.
"Well sorry kiddo but I havent seen your sister-", I slump in my chair,
"However, Mondstadt may be no help to you but Liyue might, you should try there".
My entire mood brightens at his words and I pull out the map I have stored in my inventory.

{Just imagine Aethers inventory is some sort of void he can throw shit in and get it out at any time lmao, i cant be bothered to force poor Aether to carry around a backpack}

I look down towards the bottom of the map and see a huge yellowish part that covers almost half the map (not counting the Inazuma region). I see a small area on the map and read it out,
"Liyue Harbour"
The red haired man looks at me and smiles,
"Yes, that is where you want to go to find information on your sister, i cant guarantee that you will find any clues or anything useful but its worth a try". I smile at the man and thank him.

"Im sorry, i should've introduced myself earlier, im Aether", the man puts down the glass he is drying and does a little bow with his right hand over his stomach.
"Master Diluc", he says,
"Nice to meet you, oh and also, do you know of anyone that could possibly help me find my sister?, he thinks for a moment.

"There used to be multiple of these people in Liyue called 'Adepti", they are the protectors of Liyue and they have been for thousands of years. However most of them are deceased and I believe there are only two left. There is a girl with light blue hair, purple eyes and red horns, and a boy that I dont know the name of, nor what he looks like. If you want to find them, you should ask some of the locals in Liyue".

I am very grateful for this information so i give him a thankful smile,
"I hate to be such a bother but could you please tell me a little bit about Liyue?",
"Of course, the people in Liyue are very nice and welcoming so it is very easy to talk to them. Liyue is home to the 'Wangshu Inn', which is pretty popular, when you get to Liyue, you should book a room and stay there. Liyue's ruler Rex Lapis recently passed away so Liyue is busy with funeral preparations right now. Lady Ningguang, who is a very important person in Liyue, has a floating palace that can be seen high above the harbour. If you look up, you can supposedly see it in the sky. That is all the random knowledge i know about Liyue".