Chapter 13

The next morning:

Xiao's pov:

I groan, opening my eyes to look at the plain white ceiling. Something tightens around my waist and i look down to see Aether clinging to me, hair messy and... naked? I look down to see that i am also completely naked, exposed if not for the bedsheets and quilt covering me and Aether.

He looks up to meet my gaze, squinting at the morning sunlight peeking through the curtains.

"Xiao..."

Why would we both be naked in bed with each other? Wait-
What happened last night came back to me in a flash and i blush.

Aether's eyes widen in realisation, most likely remembering last night too.

"Xiao- I- um... Gosh i can't believe i did that, i can't believe i said that, i can't believe myself... im so sorr-"

"Aether it's fine, don't apologise." I say, pulling him closer to me in the progress, he snuggles into my chest, letting out a small sigh.

"I love you Xiao"

"I love you too Aether." He smiles into my stomach as i gently massage his head with my hands.

"What do you wanna do today?" Aether says, humming slightly.

"I was thinking that we could try and rescue your sister from the abyss place."

"Really!?"

"Yes-"

Aether pulls himself up so his face is closer to mine. He straddles a leg over my waist so it is resting against my hip.
He cups my face with his warm hands and brings his lips down to mine, kissing me softly and sweetly.

"Thankyou, Xiao."

------------------------------
"Here, take these." I take the bottle in my hands, it has a cloudy purple mist in it. Lisa hands Aether and Jean a bottle too.

"your portals will take you to whoever you want, you need to say your sisters name and it will take you to her. However these portals only work if you have met and talked to the person."

"Then how are Xiao and I meant to get there-"

"Aether will say his sisters name and the portal will take him to her, Xiao will teleport to Aether and the portal will take him to you." She says, looking at Aether.

"Then Jean will simply teleport to Xiao."

Everyone nods in agreement before removing the cork from their bottles and releasing the fog into the air. It swirls around before turning a metallic colour, meaning it is ready to use.

Aether yells, "Lumine!" Before stepping in, i then yell Aether's name, stepping in as well.

-

I have teleported in a different place this time,  Aether's portal is right in front of me, the curious blonde boy looking around.

He soon spots me and runs up.

"Xiao! You're he-"

"Shh Aether... they'll hear you-"

"Oh its too late for that~" A sinister voice giggles from somewhere around us.

Oh no.

"HELLO? WHO'S THERE?"

No answer returns my screams, instead a blonde girl steps out.

"Lumine??"

Ahh, so this girl is Aethers sister. Knowing her intentions, i step in front of Aether, Lumine looks confused.