Chapter 3

Xiao's pov:

This human is so annoying, annoyingly intriguing. I dont even know what to think at this point, I dont even know who he is yet he calls out my name? I save his life then i find him in my room.

Dont get me wrong, he is extremely attractive and pretty, God he has the silkiest blonde hair and it is tied back in a gorgeous long braid, but im not going to let him get close to me that easily.

I dont mind it when i see him, i just want him gone. I dont like this feeling he gives me, its like a sick feeling in my stomach, whatever it is, it cant be good.

I grab his wrist, being extra careful not to grip too tight, I am the conqueror of demons after all. I have no use for being gentle, therefore i forgot how fragile humans are and how easily they break.

I need to have a word with this stupid boss lady. Why cant she do anything right? In all my years of being an adepti, i have never been so insulted than when this bitch gave someone else my SPARE ROOM KEY. Stupid ass hoe.

"VERR" i yelled at her as we approached. She looked up, as if she were surpised that i decided to socialize with her for the first time in 7 months.

"Yes mr adeptus?"

"Why did you give him my spare room key".

"Oh, apologies sir, i must have been mistaken. It says that there are no more rooms available but this young man has already paid the fee". She looked at me with puppy dog eyes.
"Maybe you could find it in your heart to let him stay with you in your room. I glared at her, that stupid fucking bitch how dare she, i will destroy her bloodline.

"FINE! But dont let it happen again", she apologised again, looking a little too happy for someone that just made a mistake that couldve costed them their life. I grabbed Aethers hand and pulled him closer to my body so he wouldnt fall down the stairs. Humans are stupid like that.

The bare skin on Aethers stomach and hip area caressed my hand while i was tugging him behind me up the stairs. For some reason i wanted to touch his skin more, and for longer. Its probably the urge to kill him since hes so damn annoying.

Verr Goldets pov:

That adepti hasnt even known the blonde boy for long, yet it already looks like he is developing a soft spot for him. Xiao has been through so much and all he deserves is to be loved and to be happy, he has been at the inn since i was born, because he is an adepti and i am a human. Even though he is way older than me, he still acts like a teenager because he is quite immature and lacks social skills, which is why i kind of think of him as my own son.

Xiao is very strong, both physically and mentally, mentally, as in he is very good at resisting his karmic debt. He is not emotionally strong at all. He makes stupid descisions but he is still a good boy, he remains true to his contract with Rex Lapis even though all the other Yaksha are dead. If you ask me, that alone is worthy of the highest praise.

Anyway, on another note, i was well aware of me giving Xiao's spare room key to the hlonde. It is all part of my plan to set them up. After all, i went to all the trouble of giving them the same room, so if i dont hear that bed breaking within 2 months then i swear on Rex Lapis, i am going to delete myself.
----------
Aether's pov:
(Current time: 12:45am)
Location: bedroom

Xiao seemed kind of mad about me having to live with him, i just hope im not a nuisance or an inconvenience.
The time on the clock read '12:45am', ugh im so tired. I never stay up this late, well at least i dont have much to do tomorrow. Maybe Xiao and i could go explore or something...Hm, maybe.

I lay on one side of the bed and notice that Xiao is nowhere to be found. I try to sleep but i dont have an extra pillow, I can only sleep if i have one pillow for my head and one pillow for myself to hug. Ugh whatever, theres nothing else to do but go and find him. I walk out of the bedroom and find Xiao sitting on the edge of the balcony.

A fearful lump forms in my throat.

"Get down from there, its dangerous, you could fall".

"Tch, I hunt demons every day. A little ledge isnt going to scare me away".

"Xiao please, I don't want you to get hurt, just come down-"

"Why do you even care if i get hurt"

"Because i-"

"You dont even know me" he hissed back. I know that. I have only known him for like a day, but i already care about him so much. I looked at his hair, it looked so silky and pretty in the moonlight. I wanted to touch it. To caress it, without even thinking, i put my hand out to touch his hair, although he was facing the exact opposite direction i was in, he still caught my wrist with his hand. He turned around to face me, still sitting on the ledge.

"What do you think youre doing"

"Uh, your.."

"Spit it out"

He looked at me as if i was trying to hurt him. Is this what it means to be an adepti? Never getting to relax and always having to be on edge?

"I.. I wanted to touch your hair" i whispered, still loud enough for him to hear. He gave me a confused look. After a minute of us just standing there, him grasping my wrist in his hand and the same confused look on his face, he hesitantly bowed his head so his hair was in front of me. He released my wrist, giving me permission to touch him. I reached out and softly caressed his hair, stroking and petting it with little pressure. After a minute or two, his body progressively slumped, in fear of him falling off the ledge, I picked him up bridal style and carried him to the bedroom.

He was a lot lighter than i expected, I pulled up the sheets and quilt and rested his body on the matress, covering him with the blankets before laying next to him and drifting off to sleep.

A/n
Sorry for the short chapter, now,

👹👺Đřîñķ śømë wāţéř ăñđ êăț śómê fóòđ béfóřè ì břèàķ îņťó ýôūŕ hôüśę áť 3äm👹

Have a nice dayyyy

Xoxo