Chapter 16

Aether's pov:

Xiao's words ring in my ears, constantly playing on repeat while he spoon feeds me in bed.

Hes right. The price for his power is unimaginable torture, im more powerful than him now so how much will i suffer for this?

While trying to eat dinner i accidentally crushed my spoon in half, the metal snapped under my new-found strength so now Xiao has to feed me.

I will admit, its quite nice having him take care of me and having the pleasure of admiring his pretty face while doing so, but it hurts to even look at him knowing i can hardly touch him anymore without breaking a bone or bruising his skin.

With a deep sigh, he takes the empty bowl and pulls the spoon back out of my mouth for the last time before taking them to the sink.

While his back is turned, everything hits me at full impact. I can never kiss him, never hold him, never hug, never cuddle... i can only touch his skin if i'm extremely careful. I should have listened to Xiao and not taken the power.

The tears prick at my eyes and it's pointless to try and stop the waterfall thats starting, tear after tear, it just keeps going.

I bite my lip, almost drawing blood to try and silence myself and prevent me from choking on my tears but my efforts are in vain because a small sob escapes my lips and Xiao turns around.

His eyes widen and he runs over to me, but nothing he could say will help. The sounds of my own sobs are louder than his words, and while i can tell he is saying them with care, love and worry, i don't get to hear them.
---------------------
Nobodies pov:
A few hours later:

"I want to give you the power back."

"Oh? I thought you wanted it."

"Not anymore."

Lumine takes another sip of her sunsettia juice and kicks the abyss mage footstool under her.

"You're dismissed"

The mage groans and mumbles "why don't...i..get paid for....this"

"What made you change your mind?"

"The power grows stronger and stronger by the day, i can hardly jump in wangshu inn without tearing the whole building down."

"...and where is your lover now?"

"Asleep. I waited until he was asleep."

Lumine doesn't say anything, she just continues drinking her juice.

"Well i'm sorry but that power was originally mine and I couldn't hold it any longer, now that i gave it to you, i'm afraid it's impossible to give it back to me."

Aether doesn't say anything, instead holding  back tears at her words.

"But, there are some adepti that can hold this amount of power and be fine. After all, Adepti bodies are made to hold extreme amounts of power, more than this even.

Aether's eyes light up with joy, he immediately summons a portal, halfway throught it while yelling "Thanks sis!"

-

Upon making it back to their room in the Inn, Aether only gets a slight glance at Xiao's angry face before being held against the wall.

"Why are you teleporting in the middle of the night."

"I went to see my sister-"

"LIAR"

Xiao slams an angry fist into the wall, right beside Aether's head.

"Xiao, w-whats gotten into you?"

"YOU'RE A FUCKING LIAR, I BET YOU WERE ON SOME OTHER GUYS BED"

"Xiao, i would never do that to you-"

"YOU WERE PUTTING YOUR SLUTTY BODY ON DISPLAY LIKE YOU DID FOR ME, WEREN'T YOU?"

"X-Xiao please stop" tears start to fall from Aether's eyes, but Xiao continues.

"DID YOU ENJOY IT?"

"W-what..?"

"DID YOU ENJOY FUCKING ANOTHER MAN? DID HIS COCK FEEL GOOD INSIDE YOU HUH?"

By now, Aether is completely sobbing.

"PLEASE XIAO I PROMISE I WOULD NEVWR DO THAT TO YOU"

Xiao puts a hand on Aether's cheek, pulling it up and forcing him to make eye contact.

"Fine then, what were you talking about."
-
Aether explains everything to Xiao and narrowly avoids getting a spear to the throat 💕
-
Xiao spins his spear until it vanishes.

"I'm sorry I called you that, and scared you, and yelled at you."

Their lips reconnect once again.

"Mn...it's..okay~"

Once they finally let go of each other, Aether comes to a realisation.

He just kissed xiao, he held his arms, he hugged him tightly, and Xiao is completely fine.

He could still feel his powers, so why wasn't Xiao hurt.

Xiao seems to realise what Aether was thinking.

"Oh, um... you see- i may have....lied, about getting hurt by your powers..."

"I'm sorry what."

"I'm an adeptus Aether, you can't hurt me with adepti powers."

Aether glances at his hand, "Adepti...powers? So lumine stole this power, regretted it and gave it to me."

Xiao nods.

"Wow sis. Just wow."

-

"So wheres this person u said could take my powers?"

"Just here somewhere....ah! Shes over there."

Aether tries his best to not trip over in the pitch black, the only light being the faint glow from Xiao's tattoo and the green anemo element glowing on his clothes.

Xiao leads them both to an old lady that appears to be stargazing.

"Excuse me ma'am, is your name Madame Ping?"

The old lady turns around and grins upon the sight of the two boys.

"Adeptus Xiao! And the famous traveller, what are you two doing visiting a silly old woman like me?"

"Well, you see I got given a lot of power by someone, and its more than my body can take considering it's adepti powers and I am not an adepti."

"So you came to give it to me?"

Aether shyly continues,

"Yes... if that's okay"

Madame ping smiles brightly before taking Aethers hand.

"Of course it is."

Madame ping takes the adepti power from Aethers body, then it all fades to black.
---
A/n
So proud of myself for double updating in one day, im sorry for not updating in forever, please forgive me.
One more chapter lefttt
And ty for all ur support <33
If u havent read my other books, go read them, i have more Xiaother if you still crave xx