Chapter 6

Xiao's pov:

This situation just got highly confusing and dangerous, why would that silly human's lost sister be hunting him down, rather than trying to find him. If he wants to find out what is dear sister is plotting then we need to follow her.

"What are you waiting for? Get up".

"What, Why...?"

"Do you want to get your sister back or not?"

"I do, but what exactly do you mean?"

"What else would i mean HuMaN? We are going to follow her".

Aether's eyes light up in joy, i dont know why he is happy, she was with Abyss Heralds and they were calling her 'princess' so she is siding with the Abyss. If he hasnt already figured it out, thats not good. Plus she is basically hunting her brother down like prey, this is not safe at all.

Ignoring the uneasy feeling in my stomach, i grab his hand and gently tug him out of the tent, grabbing my polearm as i walk out. His hand is soft, warm and slightly sweaty. Is this why humans like holding each others hands?

Pfft, whatever, i have a mission to focus on. This boy owes me so much almond tofu.

We quietly walk out of the tent, it is hard to see anything due to it being the middle of the night, however the silhouettes of the tall Abyss heralds and the short girl are enough for us to follow.

Creeping up behind them and hiding behind trees as we move, it is getting harder and harder to be quiet, im trying not to get too close because the grass crunching underneath our feet is enough to expose us and i cant risk that.

Then, a twig snaps.

"Did you hear that?"

"Yeah, it sounded like a stick snapping".

"Do you think we're being followed?"

"I dont know..."

I quickly pull the human behind a large Oak tree and wait until i hear footsteps again.

Phew, that was a close one, i dont know what would happen if we got caught.

We can't make anymore sounds, it will clearly reveal that they are being followed. I grab Aether's shoulders and pull his legs up, cradling his body in my arms.

He looks at me confusedly. I cant explain anything because of the situation we are in, but i hope he gets it.
----------------
We have been following Aethers sister for quite a while now and i have been carrying him for a long time. I look down and see his eyelashes fluttering gently on his cheeks, he is snuggling up against my chest. He fell asleep. He looks beautiful when he is sleeping, so content and peaceful.

Thats when i hear the footsteps stop. I didnt make a noise did i? I didnt... so why did they stop walking. The sky is still dark and it would probably be about 2am now. The boys sister puts a hand over her sword and pulls it out.

"Why are you following us?"

She turns around and points her sword at me.

"I said, why are you fol-"

She stops as she sees her brother resting in my strong hold.

"A-Aether?"

I protectively pull his sleeping body slightly closer to my chest, (if thats even possible). She comes close to me and looks down at him. His eyes flutter open and he looks around, gaining conciousness. He looks at his sister standing in front of him. Aether's eyes widen once he realises that what he's seeing isnt a dream. He immediately jumps out of my arms and pulls her in for a hug.