Chapter 7

Aether's pov:

My eyes slowly open as my blurred vision returns back to normal. The events of yesterday fill my brain, following my sister, Xiao carrying me, falling asleep, meeting my sister again, and being pulled through a portal. Ugh i should have listened to Xiao, he would probably be so disappointed in me. My sister was searching for me and she's with the Abyss, how stupid could i have been to run into her arms thinking we could both stay in Teyvat forever and have a happy ending.

Thinking about it makes me angry with myself and my dumb actions, but i have more important things to worry about. Such as, where i am right now.

I think back to when i first met Xiao, how i called out his name and he came. Its worth a shot.

"XIAOOO!"

"Its pointless". My head snaps towards a voice from the doorway,

"He won't be able to teleport inside here, it has a special forcefield". That blonde hair, that blue and white dress, that voice. Its my sister.

"L-Lumine?"

"Hello Aether"

Thoughts bounce around in my head as i jump from conclusion to conclusion, trying to find out her reasoning behind dragging me here. As usual, she beats me to it.

"You're probably wondering why you're here". I nod as the corner of her mouth twitches into a sly smile.

"I brought you here so we could go home"

...Thats what i have wanted since i lost my sister, but my words get caught in my throat, knotting up into a lump that i cant swallow. Making it hard to breathe.

"Thats what i wanted..."

"Perfect! The portal will be ready in 2 days! We can get out of this stupid world and back home".

For some reason the thought of leaving Teyvat forever makes the knot in my throat tug, making it harder to breathe. It isnt a good feeling. It must be because of Xiao, he must be holding me back from leaving. I have started liking him...a lot. I don't know what to do, i am torn between two options, leave Teyvat with my sister or stay with Xiao.

The words are leaving my mouth before i can even think,

"Lumine, i dont want to leave Teyvat. Can't we stay here?"

Her expression changes from joy to something darker and more corrupt.

"No. We are going home Aether"

"But i dont want to leave."

She laughs in a twisted way, apparently finding amusement from my pleads.

"It humours me how you think you have a choice in the matter. We are leaving and that is final".

Without another word, she leaves the room, shutting the door abruptly behind her, leaving me with my thoughts.

I think back to Xiao, i dont want to leave Teyvat, i want to keep seeing him. I miss him already and i have only been conciously away from him for about 10 minutes. I want to go back to him, i dont want to be here. My sister is no longer the caring girl she used to be, she lost that gentle sparkle in her eyes, she is like a stranger now. Still, that doesnt mean i am going to leave her behind, i do not want to leave this world, Lumine should just stay and then we can be together and i can still see Xiao.

Problem solved.

For the time being, i need to find a way out of here. I get up from the bed and walk over to the door. This seems too easy, it isnt locked so am i playing right into their hands by walking out? As i peek my head out the door, i notice that the hallways are heavily guarded with too many abyss heralds to count. Escaping seems impossible but i still have hope, ill find a way to get back to Xiao no matter how long it takes.
-------------------
Xiao's pov: