Phobia (s) you probably didn't know of

A phobia is defined as the persistent fear of a situation, activity, or thing that causes the sufferer to want to avoid it.

The three types of phobias are;

✓ Social phobia (fear of public speaking, meeting new people, or other social situations),

✓ Agoraphobia (fear of being outside), and

✓ Specific phobias (fear of particular items or situations)

1) Pogonophobia
It's an extreme dislike of beards.

2) Decidophobia
The fear of making the wrong decision. Which may lead to blurred thinking, a lack of clarity and increased dependence on others to choose for you, all leading to an overall lost sense of direction and control.

3) Globophobia
Is referred to as a fear of balloons, usually as a result of the noise they make when they burst.

4) Aquaphobia
This is a specific phobia.It's an irrational fear of something that doesn't cause much danger. You may have aquaphobia if you find that any source of water causes you an excessive amount of anxiety. This can include a swimming pool, a lake, an ocean, or even a bathtub.

5) Catoptrophobia
This is a type of anxiety disorder classified as a specific phobia, is the fear of mirrors and/or the fear of what may be reflected in them. It may also be referred to as eisoptrophobia or Spectrophobia.

6) Glossophobia
This is a very common phobia characterized by a strong fear of public speaking. Individuals with glossophobia may avoid speaking in public, as they typically experience fear and anxiety when speaking in front of a group of people.

7) Ergophobia
An abnormal and persistent fear of work. Sufferers of ergophobia, experience undue anxiety about the workplace environment even though they realize their fear is irrational.

8) Numerophobia
The fear of numbers is called arithmophobia. This fear is somewhat unusual in that it encompasses a wide variety of specific phobias, including a generalized fear of all numbers and fear of specific numbers.
For instance, the fear of specific numbers in some places:

~ The number 666 is another number that's widely feared in Western cultures. It is said to be the "number of the beast" as translated into English versions of the Book of Revelation verse 18.

~ In Asia, 4 is considered an especially unlucky number in countries like China, Vietnam, and Japan because it is something of a homophone for the word "death" in the local languages.

9) Nomophobia
Also known as NO MObile PHone PhoBIA, is used to describe a psychological condition when people have a fear of being detached from mobile phone connectivity.

10) Ablutophobia
It's an anxiety disorder. It's known as a specific phobia, which is an excessive or unreasonable fear of an object or situation like overwhelming fear of bathing, cleaning or washing.
It appears to be more prevalent in women and children.

11) Ephebiphobia
Ephebiphobia is an irrational or unwarranted fear of the youth, usually seen in the elderly and reinforced by negative media imagery.

Hope you're still Voting, sharing and commenting?

Because I think I might develop a specific phobia if you don't. Hehehe.( ◜‿◝ )♡