Interesting facts you're too lazy to goggle

I'm going to be honest here, I too was feeling very lazy while making my research.

1) Snails have the most teeth than any other animal
  A snail’s mouth may be the size of a pin, but it can have up to 14,000 20,000 teeth depending on the species.

2) Babies are not born with the self-awareness
  This allows them to differentiate their bodies with other people’s bodies. You can tell if your baby is self-aware by drawing a red dot on his or her forehead and standing with him in front of the mirror. If the baby touches the mirror, then he is probably not aware. And if he rubs his own forehead to remove the mark, then he is.

3) The Ethiopian calendar is seven years behind the rest of the world.

4) Stars don't really twinkle.
The light that emanates from stars is steady and constant, but Earth's atmosphere interferes with what we witness, which is why they appear to twinkle.

5)  The first time a toilet appeared on TV was in 1957.

6) Japan has a phone to call the dead.
  The "wind phone" was created by a man named Itaru Sasaki, who thought that it would be a healing (if whimsical) way to talk to his cousin who had passed away—even if the conversation was one-sided. Others now also use the phone in order to feel closer to their late loved ones.

7) Horses cannot physically vomit.
    According to Equus magazine, horses have much stronger lower esophageal sphincters than other animals, and this makes it impossible for that valve to open under backward pressure from the stomach.

8) The nonsense phrase "umop apisdn" is "upside down" spelled upside down.

9) Human teeth are just as strong as shark teeth.

10)  The smell of chocolate makes people want to buy romance novels.
   The Journal of Environmental Psychology found that the smell of chocolate in a bookstore makes people want to buy romance novels.

11). Yawning is biological air conditioning.
      According to Andrew C. Gallup, PhD, a postdoctoral research associate at Princeton University, the reason for yawning might be that it cools the brain. The stretching of the jaw to yawn increases blood flow in the neck, face, and head. In conjunction with that, the deep intake of breath forces a downward flow of spinal fluid and blood from the brain. The air breathed into the mouth cools these fluids.

12)  Americans thought tomatoes were poisonous until the early 19th century.
   Back in the 1700s, people deemed tomatoes "poison apples." That's because tomatoes are highly acidic.

13) The average cloud weighs an estimated 1.1 million pounds.

14) The hashtag (#) symbol isn't actually called a hashtag.
       The real term is octothorpe. In terms of etymology, the "octo-" refers to "eight," which is in reference to the points on the symbol.

15) 1816 was known as "the year without a summer."
   In April 1815, Mount Tambora in Indonesia experienced the biggest volcanic eruption in human history. The event, which lasted an unimaginable two weeks, blew countless tons of dust, ash, and sulfur dioxide into the Earth's atmosphere.

16). Radioactive particles from the Cold War were found in the deepest parts of the ocean.

17). Nutmeg can be poisonous in large doses.

18). A million seconds is about 12 days while a billion seconds is about 32 years.

19)  Scientists found nearly 1,500 new bacteria species in belly buttons.

20). A queen termite can live up to 50 years.

21). There are 10 million tons of diamonds on Jupiter and Saturn.

22) You Sleep Deeper on a Hammock Than a Bed.

23) Hot water will turn into ice faster than cold water.

24). The human nose can detect more than 1 trillion smells.
        In the past, scientists believed that humans could only smell around 10,000 different scents.

25) Dogs Can Smell Cancer.
      Researchers have found that dogs are able to pick up on a specific scent that cancer produces in a person—which is undetectable to humans.

26). The smell of candy makes people want to buy romantic items.
    According to psychological researchers so many people associate the smell of candy with a lovey-dovey vibe.

27)  Naps could save your life.
       Research has found that a mid-day nap can make you more creative, focused, and fresh for the rest of the day.

28). You can hear a blue whale's heartbeat from more than 2 miles away.

29). Coca-Cola was originally green.

30). Chewing Gum After a Meal Reduces Heartburn.

Vote, Comment and share(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤