(27)Mock Battle

(Y/N) (L/N)'s POV

Your eyes were closed as you were concentrating on heightening your all of your senses. It was obvious to see as you harden your grip on your precious scythe.

A step, despite its attempt to be quiet and go unnoticed, you were able to perceive the slight tremor on the ground as well as a barely audible sound of step. Upon this, your tightly closed eyes snapped open as your body jerked forward with an aggressive swing full of explosive power.

Kuroka barely dodged the power strike from you, her eyes full of surprise as she sidestepped away from you. A black orb of power shot out from behind you however you countered it with an equal sized fireball, making a huge explosion.

The vicious nekomata didn't allow you to have anymore room as she sent a roundhouse kick aimed at your head. Her attack was swift seemingly instantaneous but your senses were quicker as you used your scythe to block off her kick.

"Quick senses, I see." her lips curled into a smirk.

You pushed off her leg and vanished only to appear in front of her, instantly reducing the distance between you and the elusive nekomata. Using your magic power, you summoned an ice wall behind her wanting to trap her as you swung in a vertical motion. Your scythe cut through cleanly like she was just air, it was just an illusion. You clicked your tongue as you stood up straight.

"I didn't expect that you would last against me for 3 hours with a gash at the back."

"You were too harsh on me," she pouted. "I wasn't aware that the heir of the (L/N) Household would be this strong."

Kuroka was trying to see the extent of the slice wound on her back. Her body was littered with small cuts and wounds however they couldn't compare to the huge gash on her back. You reckoned it was quite bad from how you swung and plunged it deep on her back.

You stashed away your scythe and teleported in front of her, you were quite worried but you knew she was a tough woman as it would take a whole lot more to bring her down.

"Let's go down and go home,"

Kuroka stretched her arms wide and hugged you, "Can't we stay here for a bit?"

You didn't wrap your arms around her body but only around her shoulders as you were careful not to touch her wound. You used your other hand and caressed her smooth black hair before planting a soft kiss on top of her head. It was rare for you to be this affectionate which only means that you really fell hard for the vicious nekomata woman.

"Although I would like to stay here with you more, we need to get back to the others and check on them..." your eyes narrowed a little as you tried to examine her back. "More importantly, I can't have you walking around with such an injury."

"Aww, darling really cares for me." she jumped into your arms without hesitation then planted a big kiss on your lips. "I love you!"

You felt warmth seeping into your heart as you heard those three words and returned her kiss with one of your own. You were hoping deep inside that moments like this would continue on in the future between the two of you.

~~~

A week had passed since you and the (L/N) household commenced their training in preparation for the Rating Game with the immortal bird Riser Phenex. You were currently having a team battle against Rias' team. The Crimson Ruin Princess had offered a helping hand towards you with the intention to let you and your household gain experience in a team battle. Kuroka had joined in albeit she was met with resistance not only from your side as well as Rias' though they couldn't do anything since the Nekomata woman was under Governor General Azazel.