(28)Rating Game

(Y/N) (L/N)'s POV

It was finally the day of the awaited Rating Game between my household and Riser's. I was feeling confident given that I have personally witnessed the growth of my members. Although it looked like we were at a disadvantage due to my household having less members, I had faith in the capabilities of my pieces. Looking at the board, it was four pieces playing against a full set, sixteen pieces.

The Rating Game was taking place in the Devil domain. It was huge arena filled with thousands of devils from various families, both high-ranking families and lower ones. After all, it was a rating game between the only son of the (L/N) Family, a high-ranking family and the third son of another high-ranking family, both clans belong to the infamous 72 pillars.

Shouts of the devil were heard all throughout filling the arena, the excitement steadily rising. It was a great day to witness a well-anticipated rating game. My household were situated in one of the luxurious rooms which has the full view of the arena.

"Not bad eh, lots of people to witness the downfall of the bird."

I turned around, my back towards the glass wall. Ravel was sitting in a manner befitting a noble young lady coming from a high-ranking family while the Alievi twins were looking bored and couldn't wait to get out of this place.

"I don't have lots of things to say..." I started and the corner of my lips curling into a smirk, "Only  that we enjoy the hunt to pluck that arrogant bird's wings."

~~~

The game was starting as we took our place on the stage. Thousands of devils chanting and shouting, the excitement permeating the whole place. It seemed like the Great Lucifer Sirzechs also arrived as he raised his right hand as a signal for everyone to be silent. The noise quieted down and he started welcoming everyone to the well-awaited Rating Game.

"Today's Rating Game is probably one of the highest anticipated I've ever seen. Well, I'm not surprised given that we have two devils facing off coming from the two most important and high-ranking devil clans."

The crowd hollered and hooted as a proud smile donned my lips. It's going to be a great time increasing the influence of the (L/N) clan, making a humiliating smear on the Phenex's record.

"I don't want to take a moment longer to start this so I'm calling the two Kings to make a short speech."

Both Riser and I came to the center of the stage where Sirzechs was standing. His eyes were trying to intimidate me but I only returned his stare with my own. I could see him flinch a little which made my lips form a smirk.

I faced everyone in the arena, "I hope everyone will enjoy the show, witness how I will personally pluck the Phenex's wings."

Countless shouts and hoots reverberated in the arena. I snuck a glance to see Riser's reaction and I could see him seething in rage from hearing my statement.

Sirzechs released an amused smile and signaled for Riser to speak. The idiotic bird's face was still exhibiting rage but tried to look composed and intimidating. His effort made me laugh lowly.

"Pluck my wings, he says. Don't make me laugh, (L/N). I'll personally trash your face to the ground and get back what's mine!"

"Goodluck then,"

The introduction was finished and then we were transported to another domain in which the Rating Game would take place. It was a dense forest that has a mountainous range overlooking it. The night sky was shown across the sky, its stars littered and the moon sitting up high among them. It was a beautiful night.

My household members and I were gathered in a secluded space. I assigned each of their roles and made strategies on how we would overwhelm them.

I would be the one to handle Riser and his queen as well as his two bishops while Raven would act as my support. The rest would be food for the vampire twins, I was confident they could handle a pair of knight and rooks as well as eight pieces of pawns.