(20)Vampire Twins

The door slid open as your eyes followed it, peeking over to see who the visitor was. It was Kuroka. She had a worried look on her face and eyed you with concern which was unusual as the nekomata always had a confident and seductive countenance. Your head fell back softly on the pillow as you stared at the ceiling.

Footsteps were audible and the bed creaked under her weight before her beautiful worried face appeared in your vision.

"Are you okay? You aren't hurt are you?"

Seeing her worried and anxious for your state almost made you forget her disappearance for few days. Although you decided to set it aside for a second as you didn't want her to worry too much.

"I'm fine," you said nonchalantly. "I'm not that fragile, Kuroka."

Eventually, she climbed unto the bed and laid down beside you, resting her head unto your chest. It felt good as you actually missed holding her within your arms. It was a peaceful moment indeed.

"I'm sorry," you heard her mumble.

The corner of your lips curled up a little, "For what?"

"I disappeared for a few days without saying something. I know you got upset because of that..."

Your eyes shifted over to look at her face. She looked like she really was sorry and regretful. You couldn't bring it on your heart to further see that countenance on her so you wrapped your arms tightly around her and you gave her a kiss on the forehead as an act of reassurance.

"If you're going somewhere, at least give me a heads up."

The sorry and regretful countenance was soon replaced with a thankful and contented expression as a gentle smile took hold of her lips, returning your gaze. Her head slowly inched closer to yours however not before a knock came which immediately prompted the nekomata to swiftly get off the bed.

You glided your hands to your hair and produced a tsk sound, clearly disappointed and frustrated for the person who interrupted at such moment. You cleared your throat before asking the person to come inside the room.

"Who is it? Come in,"

"It's Ravel, (Y/N)-sama."

The crease on your forehead loosened and a sigh escaped your lips. You looked over at Kuroka and she nodded her head.

"Come in, Ravel."

The door opened and it was indeed Ravel in her Kuoh uniform as it was her first day today. She was worried given by the look on her face. She stepped in and was surprised to see Kuroka by your side.

"Hi, Ravel." Kuroka greeted.

"H-hello."

"Come closer, I know you're worried about me." You smiled.

She obeyed and went by your bed. You gave her a reassured look that you're okay and nothing too serious happened.

"I heard from Rias-sama and the others what happened. I should have been quick to be by your side."

You waved your hand in a dismissive manner, "Oh c'mon, it's not your fault at all. The newcomers were not devils and apparently, their auras were well hidden to the point that I didn't even realize it until they attacked."

She still didn't look convinced but decided not to comment on anymore. It sure felt good that she was worrying over you but you could tell that she worries too much yet you found it cute.

"Kuroka," you called out to the nekomata on the side.

"Hmm?"

"Perhaps do you know those people?"