(11)Second Visit

After following through your father to which you noticed that more icy and grim aura that surrounds him at the moment, you continued to trudge behind him within the halls of the (L/N)'s old but exuding regal atmosphere mansion of a house. You were wondering of the current situation of Issei as you realized you did him hard and were about to almost kill him for you and Rias's freedom. You shook the thought away and focused ahead since your father was leading you to god knows where he wants to talk to.

Eventually, the two of you arrived in front of the familiar big ebony black door with the crest of (L/N) marked and situated at the door. This was your father, Alexander (L/N)'s office. You were finally able to caught on what will happen because your father rarely calls you inside his office so you figured that he has an important matter to discuss.

'What could it be?'

He turned around and faced you briefly with his deadly looking (E/C) hues before reaching out to the door and opening it. A slight gush of air hit your face as if slowly caressing your skin with its cold embrace. Your father fully opened the door and stepped inside, motioning for you to follow inside as well. You obeyed his command and went inside whilst your father walked over to his desk and sat down on his big leather chair situated behind the big mahogany desk.

"(Y/N)," the usual cold and frosty tone was evident from him and in his eyes was the same calm and serious glint.

You perked up and became alert of anything and everyone, it was as if a switch had been flicked on for you to behave in such a way. It was the only time your father used that kind of icy tone before and thus it made you quite feel fear of him as you continued to look at your father.

"Why are you going against me in this matter?!"

The question posed by your father caught you off guard and you were silent and not saying anything. It was rare for your father to actually lose his temper like this so this meant this situation was a lot more serious than you could've imagined. You know the answer and yet you couldn't find enough courage to say it to your father's face that you don't want to marry someone that you don't love or have feelings for. You know love doesn't work that way, marriage is something sacred and should only be done with the person you want to spend your lifetime with.

"Why, (Y/N)? You almost destroyed and brought humiliation to our family's name! The name, honor, and pride I've built, our ancestors built for us!" Your father, Alexander (L/N) yelled.

He clearly lost his temper and was now seething with waves of anger emitting from him. His eyes were spitting fire and you knew at that moment that you need to finally come off clean and calmly explain to him the reason why you couldn't bring yourself to obey him in marrying Rias. Channeling your inner courage and taking a deep breath, you answered in a calm and serious voice.

"Because I don't love Rias like that... Because I want to marry someone that I love and not because we are being forced to. Father, I would like to ask you. Did you marry Mother because you were forced to?"

Hearing what I have said, my beloved father was dumbfounded and silent. He appeared to be surprised at my answer, especially the question on the last part. The eyes filled with anger earlier was gone and was now filled with surprise and shock. Eventually, he composed himself and reverted back to his usual stoic and unmoving demeanor yet it appeared that he was having an internal battle judging from his eyes.

"No, I did not." he finally admitted lowly. "Yet still, I don't approve of the decision of breaking off the engagement."

Hearing what he said, something inside you snapped.

"Why?! Why can't you understand?!I'm your fucking son! I have feelings too! Why can't you just respect my fucking decision?!"

Anger was still radiating off you even after yelling and shouting with all your might at your father, wanting him to acknowledge that you have feelings too and that love simply could not be forced onto someone. You thought that he was being irrational with it and so you hope to give him a piece of your mind and that he would understand your point and be reasonable with his decision.