(17)Arrival

The sun was up high, casting its sun rays that allowed itself to hit your face eventually waking you up from your deep slumber.

"Good sleep?" you heard a familiar female voice.

As you opened your eyes, all the things that had happened came crashing down on you like a big bucket of cold poured down upon you. Yesterday night, you went to the convenient store, saw and saved Kuroka, going to your home and one thing led to another and here you are, finding yourself in bed with the enemy.

"What's wrong~nya?" Kuroka purred then touched your face with her hand, concern lacing her voice.

You looked over to your side, eventually feeling the headache of what's about to become now that you just slept with the enemy. You didn't want to worry her so you forced a smile and looked at her.

"Nothing, it's nothing."

Her eyes continued staring at you intently as if deciphering if what you have said wasn't a lie, only the truth. You properly sat up and leaned on the headboard of the bed, giving out a yawn in the process.

"What time is it?" you asked her. "We have school today right?"

"Yes, we do but we're late anyways so let's just stay here for today." Kuroka replied.

'Shit's about to go down if they found out about this.'

Your eyes slowly found its way to Kuroka's face who wore a slightly troubled look even though she tried her best to hide it. You went and forced yourself on top of her, earning a squeak from the quick action.

You stared at her deep golden eyes before slowly sighing, "What's wrong?"

She looked to the side, successfully averting her eyes from your intense gaze. This only meant that there's really something bothering her and that she didn't want me to know or didn't want to talk about at all.

You, on impulse, captured her lips in one single passionate one, this act of yours only has one purpose and that was to ease any doubt and anxiety she was feeling about your feelings for her. Unexpected things happened but one thing you were very much confident and sure about was that you have feelings for her, it was further confirmed when you couldn't help yourself but kill three people who almost did something horrible to her, getting furious.

You pulled away, softly heaving up while staring at her surprised eyes. "Don't doubt my feelings, I might look cold and not interested but I also have a heart. One that unexpectedly has feelings for you."

She felt genuinely happy as seen in her eyes, she touched your cheek with her hand as she stared lovingly at you.

"You don't know how happy I feel right now. Hearing you say those things, it was as if I'm in a dream."

You let out a chuckle and kissed the tip of her nose, "Luckily, this is reality."

You were going in for another kiss but the door to your room opened, a familiar blonde young devil named Ravel Phenex was staring at you on top of Kuroka in bed naked. Shock was written all over her as her jaw was slightly parted.

'Shit!'

"I... I'll go for now." she croaked out and quickly shut the door.

"Oh shit, I forgot that she was to arrive here." you groaned out and pulled away, scratching your head in a frustrated manner. "How could I forget such an important matter?"

"Who is she?" Kuroka asked.

"She's Ravel Phenex, my bishop and very first piece at that."

"Ohh, why is she here at your house though?"