4

A/n thank you so much for 50 reads!! I hope you're enjoying the story :)

"I missed you so much!"

My roommate ran towards the door where I stood with her arms out wide. I engulfed her in a warm hug and we stood for a moment, happy to see eachother.

"I missed you too Niki! Have you eaten? I'll get us an UberEats I'm starving." I said as we both led down on the sofa with a blanket.

"Don't leave me for that long again, the house was so lonely without you." She whispered as we fell asleep on the sofa.

A few days later

I waited for Dreams car to pull into my apartments parking space. The walk to his house was only twenty minutes but he insisted he'd pick me up and save me walking.

I heard his wheels on the gravel and started to head outside. There he was, beaming at me from the drivers seat.

I laughed and jogged over to the passengers side, sinking down into my seat with a huff.

"Hey, wanna get some food first?" He said while starting up the car.

"Sure."

We drove to the nearest McDonald's, as per usual and ordered our usuals. Dream drove us to a quiet car park overlooking a beautiful lake.

"It's so pretty here." I said.

"You're prettier." He said nonchalantly.

I scoffed and shook my head, I had gotten used to his casual flirting and remarks since he said them as if they were nothing. Little did he know, every time he complimented me my heart skipped a beat.

I tried to keep the butterflies down, after all I'm convinced he's just a really flirty person. He probably doesn't mean anything by it.

"Why are you shaking your head? It's true. I mean it y/n."

I couldn't help but blush at this, turning my head away so I wasn't so embarrassed. He meant it?

We walked up the stairs of his house, me following closely behind the tall blonde.

"Right, first of all: don't judge anything in this room, okay? I'm aware that I have a shrine for a green blob that you have no idea about, I'll explain if you want me to." He lead me down the corridor into an office type room.

He opened the door and my eyes darted across the room. A whole display for.. a blob man?

I heard him wheezing from behind me, I must've given away my confusion with the look on my face. I picked up a small clay figurine from one of the shelves, starting intently at it.

"Okay yeah I'm gonna need an explanation for this." I said laughing.

"Please don't get weirded out." He said as he seemed hesitant on telling me.

"Dream. I promise I won't." I reassured him.

I listened to him talk for about thirty minutes, all about streaming and his character. I was so confused but he seemed so happy talking about it that I wanted him to carry on.

"So that's who you met this weekend? S-snapmap and Karl?" I said, trying to show interest.

He started wheezing at me, "Sapnap not snapmap. You're lucky he's not home right now."

"Sapnap!" I started laughing with him.

I learnt more about what he does for a living and learnt how important this code was to him, needing it for next weeks video. I'm used to being around Niki while she streams and works on videos, so I know a little bit about it.

We started to work on the code, constantly getting distracted by random conversations until we got back on track again.

Dream was shocked at how good I was, I made playful jokes about him being sexist but I knew he was just surprised.

"How do you know all this stuff? You're better than me." He said laughing.

"Are you surprised because I'm a girl? That's kinda sexist Dream." I said trying to sound serious.

"What? N-no it's not that it's-"

"I'm joking idiot! You should've seen the look on your face." I laughed at him.

We ended up completing the code, I found out where he went wrong. It was such a small error which is why he couldn't find it.

"No way. Am I seriously that stupid?" He deadpanned as I pointed out the missing symbol in a line of the code.

"I mean, it was kinda hidden so." I tried to not let his ego get too damaged, although a little bit wouldn't hurt.

"Thank you so much, y/n. You just saved another week of the fans missing out on content. If they knew they'd love you."

"I better leave you to it, go make the video."

"No wait, I want to tell George and Sapnap. I want to tell them while you're here, they need to know who saved the plug-in. We were all stressing out, George more than anyone."

I'd never heard of George before, I had assumed the trio of characters on the display were him, Karl and Sapnap but maybe it's George.

He started calling them on their discord group chat, the dream team.

"What's up bitch boy, I'm getting food with Karl." I hear a masculine voice say.

"And I was about to sleep idiot, what do you want?" Said another, with a British accent.

"Guys! The plug-in works." He shouts

Celebratory screams chimed through his pc, making us both wheeze at their happiness.

"Dream I could kiss you." The American said.

"I didn't fix it. Guys this is y/n, she found where I went wrong. Say hi"

"Y/n I could kiss you!" Sapnap repeated.

"Sapnap! You idiot. Hi y/n, I'm George."

"Hi guys! Nice to meet you. It was easy, Dreams just dumb." I said with humour evident in my tone.

"Seriously though, thank you y/n. We were all really stressed about this code. We'll each give you fifty gifted subs." Sapnap said, clearly smiling.

"Subs? What-"

Dream cut me off, "She doesn't stream Sap."

"Oh sorry, I just assumed because you can code that you streamed as well. Whenever you're round ours we'll give you free food instead!"

We all laughed at that idea, "Cool, can't wait for all the wagyu steak I'm going to have."

Shortly after we ended the call since they were both complaining about our interruption.

Dream turned to me with a grin on his face, "Thank you. Let me treat you. Tomorrow night, dinner downtown?"

My face must've been blushing at this point, he was so close to me from trying to both talk into the mic. I only realised once we were face to face, staring at each others features as if they were stars in the sky.

"That sounds amazing."

"I'll pick you up at 6."