15

a/n tw: death threats and toxic stans😍

"I'm just scared that the fans won't like me hanging out with you guys," I rewound the video to a part with me pulling Dream towards the beach. "What if they notice how touchy we were being?"

"Oh shit.. uh. I don't know. Look, I'm sure the fans won't even realise. If they do, you can either deny it or admit that you're together."

"Sapnap, I know the fans. They will realise. I don't know how they'll react to it." I said shaking my head. We weren't ready to go public because of the fans, how they'd react, what they'd do if they knew we were dating. Dream warned me about all of this before the trip but I guess I didn't listen.

"Let's watch the movie and see if anything's said about it, it'll be fine y/n we're with you." He said, leaning in to give me a comforting hug. Niki leaned her head on my shoulder and ran circles on my arm.

I decided to try to forget about it for now, if the fans reacted then I could deal with it then. I just wanted to enjoy my last night here.

Dream and George came home, they could definitely sense some sort of tension but decided to not say anything for now. We put on deadpool as we all realised we were all crushing on Ryan Reynolds. Dream scooted in between Sapnap and I, putting his arm around us both. Niki was still resting against my side and George was snuggled up against Sapnap.

I felt so content being here with my newfound best friends. Although I was still worried about what the fans have to say, I felt safe here.

George fell asleep first, barely even halfway through the movie. Niki fell asleep second and then I nodded off without realising. I woke up in Dreams bed alone, his space was still warm so he must've just gotten up. It was so warm and I didn't want to get up but I looked at the clock and it was already 9am. It was our last day here, I didn't want to spend it in bed.

I walked downstairs and saw everyone talking in the kitchen, as soon as I entered they all awkwardly stopped.

"Hey, want some breakfast!" Niki said to try and relieve some tension.

"Why are you all acting weird?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"We're not I swear. Just sit here for a second." Dream pulled out the chair to the kitchen island and I hesitantly sat on it. They all left the room and I could hear them resume talking in the other room.

My curiosity got the better of me and I went over to listen in. "We need to tell her Dream. This is exactly what she was afraid of." I hear Sapnap say.

"I know but.. what if I lose her sap? This might be too much for her and it might drive her away." His voice sounded shaky, I felt so bad for him although I still had no idea what they were talking about. I went to sit on the chair again, feeling bad I intruded on something so personal. But I swore to myself, I wouldn't let it drive me away from Dream, nothing would ever do that.

They all came back in the room with guilty looks on their faces. Sapnap started to talk, "Y/n.. I'm really sorry but the fans have been speculating about you and Dream. Uh.." he scratched the back of his neck, "They found your socials, I don't know how but they have." "And Dream's e-" He was about to say something else before Dream interrupted him.

"I'm so sorry y/n this is all my fault. I shouldn't have included the clips of us two interacting. I don't know how they found you but Twitter is going crazy."

I just sat there in shock, not really sure what to say back to them all. I didn't even know if what they were saying was bad or good, if the fans hated me of if they were just curious as to who I am. I decided to turn on my phone to find out for myself.

"Y/n, I'm not sure if that's a good idea." Niki said and offered me a pained smile.

"I just want to see what they're saying."

My notifications wouldn't stop, my phone was pinging like crazy, I scrambled to turn off the ringer so it was quiet. I looked up at them all and took a deep breath. They took that as a cue to come behind me and see what the fans were saying.

I opened Twitter first, my mentions were full of tweets with clips of the vlog, they weren't necessarily bad; they were just asking who I was and if I was with Dream.

@/emmanotfound: is this the same person who streamed with them a few weeks ago?
|
@/dr3amt3am: I think so, I hope she's in more vids, I love her lmao
|
@/darciewastakenbydream: I don't, imo she's annoying and she's wayyyy too flirty with dream
|
@/callahanmybeloved: ur toxic asf, she seems so sweet.

I moved onto my dm's and that's when I realised how crazy the fans could be.

"You're ugly you don't deserve being friends with the Dream Team. Can you even play minecraft?" Truthfully, no I couldn't.

"Die" Classy.

"Ur irritating, we don't like you" Fair enough.

"u look so fat in your bikini, they're better off without you" Oof. That kinda hurt.

"get away from dream. don't ruin dnf" That one made me laugh a bit.

George took my phone away before I could read any more. "I don't think you should read them."

"Yeah, that was a bad idea." I said giving out a weak laugh. My eyes were slightly glassy from the comments, I knew there were hundreds, if not thousands more just like those ones.

"I'll put a tweet out, i don't exactly want to deny our relationship but I need to tell them to stop sending hate. They're supposed to be our fans and now they're going to ruin the thing I love the most." He said turning around and leaning on the kitchen side.

Niki, Sapnap and George gave us some space to talk together.

"Dream it's fine. I can deal with a little hate. This isn't going to hurt our relationship, you know we're both stronger than this."

"A little hate? They're sending death threats y/n!" I was slightly taken back by him raising his voice so loudly but I understood he was angry.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He pulled me in for a long hug, stroking long lines down my back.

It seemed like there was something else bothering Dream, before he cut Sapnap off he was saying something else. Maybe I should talk to Sapnap about it.

"We'll sort it out." I said into his chest.

@/dreamwastaken: I see everyone speculating about y/n and I, do not send hate to her, my mods will ban you if there's anything in my chat. Guys just be mature, y/n is the kindest person she doesn't deserve any hate. I'm the happiest I've been in a while and I'd like you guys to be happy for me. We're not even official and you guys are gonna scare her away.
|
@/sapnap: I'll beat up anyone who sends hate to y/n. But fr, be respectful guys, she's so nice. #y/nsupport

@/tommyinnit: y/n is in my list for top 10 favourite women, behind the Queen of course.

@/georgestoenail: y/n is a great addition to the vids, I love her!

@/quackity: seriously guys, not cool. Congratulations Dream, I can't wait to meet her.

@/ilovednf: Does this mean dnf isn't real? I'm gonna unfollow.. /srs
|
@/crewboysfan01: bye then LMAO.

The supporters actually made #y/nsupport trending and it made me feel a lot better about the situation, despite being so upset about the hate being sent my way.