Final chapter

"I got you a little something." Dream said when we got back into our tent. "I want to go out to watch the stars with you. I also brought some snacks earlier, here." He handed me a plastic bag from one of the shops at the beach. He had all of my favourite chocolate and sweets. He also had some drinks for us and I noticed a lighter at the bottom of the bag. I was kind of confused but I went with it, Dream didn't exactly strike me as a stoner.

Nonetheless, I couldn't stop smiling, no one has ever treated me like this. Just the little things, they mean a lot to me. We both put our coats on and headed out of our pod.

"When I booked this, I saw a cool walk we could do. It's this way." I followed him as we ventured into the woods, a wooden path leading us into the darkness. An eerie sense of discomfort lingered in the trees but with Dream by my side, any fear was subsided. The woods seemed more calming at this time with him here, the silence felt freeing. As if we were the only ones in the world.

He linked our fingers together, swinging them as we walked up the hill and followed the path round. We were higher than the entire camp and surrounding areas. The farmlands were visible from here and we could even see the lake. Everything was so beautiful from up here. The lights from tents and cabins allowed us to see them clearer as it was a lot darker now. The street lights made everything seem so far away, we were away from everyone.

"It's beautiful here." I whispered.

He smiled and held my hand tighter. We carried on down the wooden pathway to a clearing in the forest. "This is what I found on google."

There were wooden logs scattered around the campfire, we decided to sit on the floor with our backs rested against it. Dream pulled me in close with a strong grip, instantly transferring his heat. I wrapped the blanket around us both, sinking into his touch.

"Are you cold baby?" He whispered into my ear. I could feel myself shivering even more after that, his voice was low and deep.

"Yeah, a little." In reality I was fucking freezing.

He left my side, making me whine at the loss of warmth. He laughed at me and walked towards the fire pit, shuffling about in the bag looking for the lighter. He started to light the dry wood in the small log burner and it quickly lit, instantly warming my face.

"Dream. I'm so relieved, honestly I was scared you'd bring me out here to smoke once I saw the lighter." I started laughing.

"Wow, that's what I get for trying to be romantic? Low expectations." He laughed and shook his head. He came back over to sit next to me and keep each other warm.

The light from the fire made Dreams features look golden. He looked so handsome.

"So about that present...".

I slowly pulled my gaze from the chocolate I was picking at and landed on his emerald eyes instead. "Yes?" I smiled.

"So.. I'm hoping I got it right- I asked the woman and I think it should be. I can always return it and get something else instead." He nervously played with his fingers, picking his nails.

"Hey, don't be so nervous. You didn't have to get me anything, whatever it is I'm going to love it." I smiled at him.

"Look, I wanted to get you something because I've realised that I'm bad with words. For a while I've been wanting to tell you how I've been feeling but I just can't express it. So instead, I brought you this."

He pulled out a black box, larger than a ring box but still dainty. He handed it to me with a shyness I've never seen before.

I fiddled with the opening. I had a dip in my heart I could feel, surprises have always scared me. Id worry that my reaction isn't good enough so I try to exaggerate it, making it look less genuine. I had a feeling for this reaction, I wouldn't have to exaggerate.