Fragmentation (Pt.2)

"So then, if I'd be able to master this Incarnate System I could fly again?" I asked excitedly "Let me show you something" Ms. Raker moved a bit closer to me before lifting up her dress to her knees. I was about to look down but I noticed something about her legs, they were gone.

"Wha-what happened to your legs!? Were they stolen from you just like my wings?" I asked frantically "Not exactly, I wanted to have them cut off so I had someone special remove them for me" She said surprising me "That act of arrogance, egotism, and insanity. But at the time that's what I did" she said "To force my will of wanting to fly to be as strong as it possibly could"

"Did it work? Could you fly?" I asked "No. Incarnation did increase my jumping ability, but I'm afraid I never did quite make it to flying" Ms. Raker replied "What do you think, Mr. Crow? Now that you've seen these foolish scars, do you still wish to fly using The Incarnate System? "

"Look...I can't quit there's still a ton of things that I have to do" I said with determination "So please, Teach me how to use Incarnation"

"Just so you know, It takes a very long time" She warned "There's even the possibility where it'll take you to the point of no return for a burst linker"

"I understand that, but whatever it takes I'll do it" I replied "Very well then" She acknowledged before letting go of the bottom of her dress, covering her amputated legs "but for now, we rest. That's enough for today"

Nighttime then arrived as Ms. Raker and I enter her home. As I walked inside I immediately felt home, I look around the room and admired the homey atmosphere. She then went to the kitchen and said that she'll grab something to eat. I then took this time to see what else was inside her home

My eyes immediately landed on a small table with a framed picture. I went up and picked up the picture to get a closer look. It was Akuin in his old avatar crawling away from Ms. Raker terrified with spiders on his head.

I let out a small laugh remembering the story he told me before, but maybe she changed. I don't see the Sky Raker that he described before in her now

"Oh, I see you found one of my fondest memories" Ms. Raker chimed in. I turned and found her standing outside the kitchen holding a wooden bowl "It was a prank that I pulled with one of my friends before. His reaction was priceless" she said

She then seated me to the dining table before handing me the bowl of food

"Umm, this looks good and all. But I don't really have a mouth" Just then the bottom part of my visor retracted, revealing golden vents where my mouth is "Oh, Nevermind" I then grabbed a wooden spoon and took a bite from my meal "It's good!"

I then began rapidly scarfing down my food, savoring the virtual meal as it felt so real. Before I knew it, it was getting late. Instead of logging out, we instead slept in the unlimited neutral field so we don't have to log in the next day.

"Can I ask you something?" I said "Go ahead" she replied "It's about Mr. Ash. Is he trained in Incarnation as well?" I asked "Not properly, I gave my protégé a few pointers but that's about it."

"So since you're his guardian, does that mean you're in the green legion too?" I wondered "No, I have only ever been in one Legion, and I have no intention of changing that" she said. Ms. Raker then sat up from her bed, using a blanket to cover up her body "I suppose you have the right to know what it is."

"Let me tell you a bedtime story. About a foolish burst linker who reached for the sky, and lost their special someone"

Timeskip to the next day