Part 5

Donatello ran through the sewers that he had grown up in. He had been gone only two weeks, but somehow, the sewers seemed different. He slowed as he came to a stop outside the main door to their lair. He paused then opened the door.

The TV was playing, but when he looked over at the TV, there was no one around it.

Donatello frowned and walked further into the lair. It was then that he noticed that Michelangelo was asleep in front of the TV on his knees with his nose buried into a slice of pizza.

Donatello smiled, but it faded fast when he began to think on what and how he was going to tell his family what happened. He began to move forward to see if any of his other brothers or Sensei was there when the door opened and Leonardo and Raphael walked in.

They were both quiet and seemed to drag as they hung their heads. Donatello walked up in front of them.

"Michelangelo, you're still supposed to be asleep." Leonardo sighed, not raising his head.

"He is asleep. I however am very much awake and glad to be home." Donatello said while smiling.

Both Raphael and Leonardo's heads snapped up. "Donatello! Bro, you're back!" Both of them didn't even hesitate as they hugged their missing brother.

Donatello laughed, delighted to hug his brothers once more. "Hi, bros." Donatello said joyfully to be home once more.

The laughter woke Michelangelo. He jerked awake and lifted his head and looked around sleepily. His eyes widened when they settled on Donatello. He jumped up and hopped over the couch and joined the group hug.

"I must be dreaming dudes." Michelangelo lunged for his brothers. "Hey, bro! You're back! Group hug!"

"Oof!" Donatello was suddenly sandwiched between Leonardo and Raphael as the orange-clad turtle threw his arms around the three of them.

"It's great to have you back!"

"Th... Thanks, Michelangelo..." Donatello managed. He was being squashed between their plastrons. "I'm glad... to be... back..."

"Um, Michelangelo..." Leonardo said.

"Group hugs are the best. I love group hugs!" Michelangelo said, completely oblivious.

Donatello and Leonardo and Raphael all managed to pull themselves free from their brother's arms. Finally getting the hint, Michelangelo smiled sheepishly and let go. "Sorry, Bro. Just really glad you're back is all."

"Yes. We are all glad that you're back, Donatello." Master Splinter spoke up from behind them.

Donatello turned and offered Splinter a smile. "Thank you, Master Splinter."

"Now, Donatello. I trust you will explain how you disappeared and where you have been?" Master Splinter continued.

Donatello grimaced inside as his brothers chorused their agreements.

XXX

Donatello settled into his bed. Even though it was wonderful that he was home, he still could not sleep. He burned with guilt at the lies he had told Splinter and his bros. He had kept it simple. That he was turtlenapped and taken to an unknown lab and that while he was there, tests were run on him. Donatello listed all the tests that were performed on him, but left out what Sir had done to him.

Tossing and turning, he tried to put it all out of his mind. He grimaced as he felt his stomach turn. Squeezing his eyes shut, he wheeled himself to sleep.

XXX

"What's wrong, Donatello?"

"Huh?" Donatello looked up from the pizza he had been staring at for the past half hour. As he looked around, he realized that his brothers had already eaten their own pizza.