Part 11

Donatello was relieved. There was no teasing. Or at least done to his face. He didn't care. He had more things to worry about than his brothers teasing him. In the past maybe it would have bothered him, but he had matured since then. He almost couldn't believe how much had happened.

After the Christmas party, which he was internally grateful for, he felt like he could relax. His interest in machinery came back. He would work back in his lab with renewed vigor. Though what he was working on was not his normal gadgets and inventions. They were advanced toys and such for the unborn turtles he was carrying. They even included two cradles where they would sleep. He had the time.

No longer did Master Splinter make him train. Splinter had him to do his katas and exercise, but to do any sparring with his bros, that was cut entirely. But he also needed to think about defense as well. He had to protect his stomach in a battle at all costs if he wanted to be the parent that he wanted to be. Being a scientist full of knowledge, he knew if he didn't keep up with his training, eventually, his muscles would become out of shape and flabby. Caring for his body was important, although he wasn't always into the ninja exercise thing, he still did it anyway.

He had been practicing for almost an hour when his turtle com beeped. He paused and took a deep breath. This morning was hard on him. He had woke up tired and sick to his stomach. He knew he would have to bring it up at the next appointment with Jane and Tanya. It was coming up soon. In about two weeks after the first of canary he had his next appointment with them. Two days after the party Tanya had called and told him that he needed to come in and they set it for the sixteenth that following month.

Donatello caught his breath and pulled out the com. Clicking it open, he saw April's face smiling up at him. "Hey, April. What's up?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just wondering if you are up to coming over, without the others?" She said as a smile crossed her face.

"Why?" He asked as he put up his practice bo.

The picture on the com shifted as April's shocked voice cried out. "Hey, Tanya, give that back!"

Tanya's mocha colored face came into view. She grinned at Donatello. "Hey, daom."

Donatello had to cock his head and gave her a confused look. "Daom?"

"Yeah. You are both. A dad and a mom. So Daom." She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Ok. So what did you want?"

"You are to bring all three of you over here to April's." Tanya said as her grin became bigger.

"Why?" He asked, ever curious.

"Don't you dare tell him!" April's voice shouted out.

The camera shifted again as Tanya moved out of April's lunge. Donatello had to smirk as the two female humans fought over the turtle com. Though April was taller and thinner, Tanya was stronger and for a chubby girl, she could move fast. She won the war and blurted out, "We are throwing you a Baby Shower!"

Two voices rang out, that Donatello recognized as April's and Jane. "Tanya!"

"What? I was never one to keep surprises secret! You should have known better than to tell me before we told him." Tanya yelled back at the two women. She looked back at Donatello.

Donatello was shocked. "A what?!"

"A baby shower. So come on over." April said after she wrestled the com back from Tanya.

Donatello shrugged and nodded. "All right. The fresh air could do me some good. I'll be there in ten." He closed the com and walked out of his lab. He passed by his bros who were watching the TV.