☁️~ 1 ~☁️

☁️

Louis was working at the Stables as usual. After all, it was his routine. Wake up. Eat something. Go to the Stables. Make sure the horses are okay (why wouldn't they be? They were okay when he checked at night). Take one of the horses for a ride (he switched which horse he rode every day, to make sure they all stayed in shape. He also didn't want any horse feeling left out). Eat another thing. Visit Zayn at the Art Center (or his shop, if that's where he was). Eat one last time. Go to the Stables again. Make sure the horses are okay again (but really, what could happen in a day?) Then sleep.

Today, however, the universe seemed to want to spice up his plans.

Louis was polishing the saddle of his favourite horse, Albertine, in preparation for a ride.

"Louis," a vaguely familiar, sweet sounding voice called from behind him.

Louis looked up to find Liam walking towards the Stables.

Liam was the main servant of the King and Queen. In the noble land of Lizenia, the King and Queen wanted all their subjects to feel as if they were equal. They gave equal opportunities to all, and made sure that everyone was taken care of properly. It was a nicely sized kingdom, just a tad on the small side, so caring for all the subjects was a bit of a difficult task. However, no matter how hard it was, the Monarchs did it regardless.

So, with wanting all their subjects to be treated with equal kindness, the King and Queen only had a handful of servants. Some did their laundry and cooked for them occasionally, but Liam was in charge of more personable things.

You could say Liam was like a manager of the land. If the King and Queen needed the attention of a certain subject, Liam would fetch them. If the King and Queen had an appointment at the Military Center, Liam would make sure they were there at the specified time.

Liam also made sure that Louis was taking good care of the horses. They were primarily for leisure, the King and Queen occasionally taking joy rides. Still, Louis had to make sure they were strong, in case the Monarchs needed horses to march into battle. Though, the Monarchs seemed to try not to fight with any surrounding land.

And so, Liam did visit Louis occasionally to make sure everything was in order. To Louis, Liam seemed like a nice enough person. They had a few quick chats, but Liam is usually too busy to stay in the stables for long.

"Hey Liam. I feel like you were just here last week. You must have missed me if you're back so soon," Louis said with a slight smirk.

"Oh, yes. I missed your wonderful way of charming people with sarcasm and snark. Actually, I'm here to take you to the King and Queen," Liam said officially.

"The King and Queen? They want to see me?" Louis asked, nerves suddenly building in the pit of his stomach.

The King and Queen seemed like lovely people from afar, what with wanting to treat everyone with kindness, but Louis wasn't so sure that it was a good thing to be privately selected to talk to.

"Yes. Please, follow me. I'll lead you to the Discussion Room," Liam held out his hand, and Louis took it gratefully.

They held hands all the way to the Royal Castle, Liam squeezing Louis' hand occasionally for comfort.

☁️