🌤️~ 19 ~☀️

🌤️

The two continue to cuddle and watch movies. All the while, Louis is trying to build up his courage.

"The nightmares are about my parents," Louis rushes out before he can talk himself out of saying it.

Harry turns down the volume of the telly, turning his head to face Louis.

"Do you want to elaborate?" Harry asks genuinely, not wanting to push Louis into telling him anything.

"They, um, died in an accident that was kind of my fault," Louis says while looking down, fiddling with the hem of Harry's shirt.

"I'm sorry for your loss, but you shouldn't blame yourself," Harry reprimands softly.

"It was my fault, though. I convinced them to go on a dangerous horse riding trail, even though they were beginners. I got ahead of them and when I called out for them, I think I scared their horse into falling off a nearby cliff."

Louis is clutching Harry's shirt with his fist now, crying and shaking from the memory. Harry just holds Louis tighter, giving the small boy a hug that he hopes is comforting.

"If anything, it was the horse's fault for being so scared. And the path's fault for having a cliff," Harry says, trying to make Louis feel better in the only way he knows how: humour.

Louis wants to laugh, but he's too sad, so he just nods to show that he appreciates it. Harry holds Louis tightly until he calms down and looks up at Harry again.

"Was it hard to deal with me waking up screaming?" Louis asks shyly.

"I was worried about you, and I didn't know how to help. That was probably the worst part of it," Harry admits.

"Oh? So you liked cuddling me back to sleep?" Louis teases, wanting to get rid of the sad atmosphere.

"Definitely," Harry responds, kissing Louis on the forehead, causing him to blush.

"I'm going to take care of you from now on. You'll never feel alone so long as I'm here," Harry whispers against Louis' head.

Louis looks up at Harry with adoration in his eyes, and Harry doesn't feel like he can hold back anymore.

"Can I kiss you?" Harry asks nervously.

"We're boyfriends now, I think kissing comes with that," Louis teases.

That causes Harry to blush, and Louis giggles before pressing his lips softly against Harry's.

☀️

"I want to ask him out on a date."

Harry is currently sitting in Zayn's art studio, while Louis is tending to his horses. Since they're an official couple, they spend time together just being there for each other, so they don't need to lay down a forced hour of talking. Not that either of them would mind it anymore.

"So do it," Zayn responds easily, still painting the finishing details on his canvas.

"But I don't know what to do for it," Harry groans, laying his head down in his arms.

"Well, taking a nap won't help," Zayn says without even looking in Harry's direction.

"How do you do that?" Harry asks, slightly creeped out.

"I told you he's a hopeless romantic, right?" Zayn asks instead of answering Harry. "Take him on a cliché movie scene date. He'll love it."

Harry thinks that over for a few minutes.

"What if I made him breakfast in bed, and then had us cuddle up in blankets watching romantic films until it got slightly dark outside? Then I could take him to a hill with a nice view of the sunset, and we could eat while watching the stars slowly appear."

"That's definitely a movie date scene. He'd be ecstatic."

Harry nods. "I'll do that, then. Thanks Zayn."

"Sure. Text me if it all goes to shit."

Zayn says it so seriously that it makes Harry nervous, but he's not going to back down. He's been wanting to take Louis on a date for a while.

☀️