⛅~ 10 ~⛅

Niall and Louis decide to cuddle for a while, before Louis decides that he's tired of sitting around and sulking.

"I'm gonna visit Zayn. You wanna come with?" Louis asks Niall, letting him decide for himself.

Louis has been asking Niall for his opinion about things lately. He thinks that if Niall had to ask Harry for permission to speak, the lad must not have gotten to do much that he actually wanted to do. So, Louis lets Niall decide whether he does certain things or not.

Niall hums, thinking. "I think I'll let you two spend time together. I want to see your horses."

Louis still took care of the horses, going out whenever he could during the day to make sure they were getting proper care. It's been a bit difficult, because it's a slightly long walk, but Louis can manage.

"Alright, let's get going then."

"Just keep walking that way, and eventually you'll find the Stables," Louis tells Niall outside Zayn's Studio, pointing in one direction.

Niall nods, walking away. Louis enters the studio.

Zayn is outside his room, an uncommon sight. Louis sees him painting, a sandwich on a plate in front of him.

"Whatcha doing, Z?" Louis asks, walking up to him.

"Nate came barging into my room to remind me to eat, but I got a bit distracted by the way the light bounces off the food, so I'm painting instead of eating," Zayn murmurs, still focused on his work.

Louis picks the sandwich up and takes a bite out of it. That grabs Zayn's attention.

"Hey!" He scowls, before realizing that Louis is here, and that he didn't even register that fact in his head. "Oh. Hey, Lou."

"Hey," Louis smiles, ripping the sandwich in half and giving the uneaten half to Zayn. "Eat up."

Zayn sighs. "Fine. I won't be able to finish the original painting now, though."

"You're creative, I'm sure you can think of something to add in," Louis shrugs.

They don't really talk while they eat, neither of them wanting to make a mess by talking while eating.

"So, I'm gonna sleep with Harry tonight," Louis says when they finish eating.

Zayn blinks at him. "Do you realise that that sounds wrong out of context?"

Louis thinks for a moment before his face heats up and his eyes widen in realization.

"Not like that you tit!" He punches Zayn lightly on the shoulder.

Zayn laughs, and Louis eventually joins in.

"Okay, let's try that again. I am going to sleep, in a bed in my house, and Harry is also going to sleep, in the same bed as me, and we are going to dream and stay as far away from each other as possible."

Zayn nods. "That's a really complicated way of putting it."

"Well, that's the only way to word it without you making assumptions," Louis rolls his eyes.

Zayn is quiet for a moment before he speaks up. "Isn't the anniversary soon?"

Louis flinches. "Yeah, it's in a week."

"That means your nightmares are going to start," Zayn says, eyeing his friend.

"I know, I know. I'm really worried about that. I don't want Harry to see me like that," Louis sighs.

"Maybe he'll be nice. It's a heartbreaking sight for anyone," Zayn says.

"That prick doesn't have a heart," Louis mutters.

"Louis! You always see the good in people," Zayn scolds.

"There's no good in him! Let me tell you what he did to his poor servant."

"That does sound bad. But there's got to be some sort of reason why he's like this," Zayn mutters after Louis retells the story.

"Maybe," Louis huffs, "but I still don't think he'll help me any."

"Probably not," Zayn agrees, earning him a punch on the shoulder.

"I'll just deal with it when the time comes, I guess," Louis says, getting up.

Zayn gets up as well, and the two share a hug before saying their goodbyes.