☀️~ 21 ~💖

☀️

The next three months are filled with lots of cheesy dates, and Louis is loving every second of it.

Louis has even taken Harry out to ride his horses a few times, though he was very reluctant about trying go teach someone again.

Louis knows that Zayn finished his painting, but he's still not allowed to see it. However, Zayn started on another one that Louis is allowed to see this time, since this one is a surprise for Harry.

Louis has noticed Niall and Liam getting rather close, but he hasn't mentioned it to either of them. The five of them have hung out in Harry and Louis' house a few times now, and they're all becoming good friends.

Louis hasn't been able to talk to Paris much, since they're busy serving the Monarchs, but the two text back and forth when they can.

Louis has officially gotten used to his phone, and he's developed a slight addiction to tweeting random things on Twitter.

Louis and Harry have developed the most amazing relationship Louis could ask for. He feels safe and comfortable with Harry, and he's happier now than he thinks he has ever been.

Harry is absolutely thriving. He's become the nicest person you could ever want to meet, and he's been officially introduced to the people. He's made a few appearances, but he mostly just plans dates and follows Louis around the land.

Their lives have become almost perfect, but Louis' heart still aches when he sees the empty stall in his Stables that used to belong to a horse. The horse that died with his parents.

"Maybe you need closure," Harry says when Louis tells him about his problem.

"How can I get closure? It's not like I can revive them and apologize," Louis grumbles.

"No, but you can do the next best thing. Go to the cliff and let it all out," Harry suggests.

"I don't think that's a good idea. The last time I was there on my own I tried jumping off, and a horse had to stop me."

"Good horse," Harry notes.

Louis nods. "She's my favourite. Don't tell the others."

"I won't," Harry promises, "but I still think it's a good idea. I could come with you, if you want."

"Really?" Louis asks, hope clear in his voice.

"Of course," Harry nods, giving Louis a small smile.

"Alright, let's go."

"Now?" Harry asks, surprised.

"Yeah, before I can talk myself out of it," Louis says, grabbing Harry's hand.

☀️

"Wait," Louis says.

They're currently on the trail, at the vines that mark the entrance to the passage that's next to the cliff.

"I just need a minute to prepare myself," Louis continues.

Harry nods, squeezing Louis' hand for comfort. The two walked here, since Louis wasn't nearly ready to ride a horse here again.

After a few minutes, Louis nods his head, signalling that he's ready. Harry gently pulls Louis with him through the vines, making sure they're a safe distance from the cliff.

Louis has his head buried in Harry's chest, his eyes closed. Harry wraps his arms around Louis' waist, and whispers in his ear.

"Go ahead and look, darling. The view won't hurt you."

Louis turns his head from Harry's chest and snaps his eyes open before he can talk himself out of it. The view is just as he remembers. Still beautiful, even with such a dark history.

Louis starts crying and Harry just rubs his back and rocks him in his arms. They stay like that for a while.

"This is a beautiful place," Harry comments.

"Not everything that's beautiful is nice," Louis retorts.

"That may be true, but I think you could make this place a happy memory instead of a sad one."

"And how would I do that?" Louis asks, turning around in Harry's arms to face him.

"Maybe you should talk to your parents. Apologize. You can't talk to them physically, but their spirits could still be in this area," Harry suggests.

Louis thinks about it for a minute before he decides that it's worth a try. Harry and him sit a safe distance from the cliff's edge, Louis sitting in Harry's lap.

"Hey mum. Hey dad," Louis says softly, putting his hand on the ground. "This is Louis. Um, I'm sorry for... that day I took you guys out here. I knew you were beginners, yet I took you on the most dangerous path I knew."

Louis starts breathing a little quicker, tears streaming down his face. Harry holds him tighter, rubbing his back soothingly.

"I'm just.... sorry. I'm sorry that you couldn't be here when I agreed to marry the Prince, who was a collassal pain in the arse. And I'm sorry you couldn't be here when I fell in love with him and taught him to be kind."

At that moment, Louis looks up at Harry with both fond and tears in his eyes. They spend a few minutes just holding each other, appreciating one another.

"If you could just give me some sort of sign that it's okay, that you don't blame me for your death, I'd really appreciate that. Maybe like a cat walking by or a random homeless man appearing and giving us chocolate."

Harry laughs at Louis, and leans towards his ear. "I'm not sure if it's a good idea to take candy from unknown homeless people."

"Yeah, I know. I just want something good to happen," Louis mumbles.

The two sit and wait for a while, and the sun starts getting lower in the sky. Louis sighs.

"I guess not," he whispers.

"Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands," Louis hears Harry mutters to himself.

What?

Harry pulls Louis up from the ground, holding his hands and looking into his eyes.

"Louis, when I first met you, I thought you were like everyone else. Just another person who wanted money or fame. But then you turned out to be this amazingly kind person, and I couldn't help but get drawn to you. Ever since I realised what you were really like, I found myself wanting to prove myself to you. To prove that I could be good as well. I'm so glad you came into my life when you did, before it was too late for me to change. I love you so much, and I'm so thankful for you."

Louis has different kinds of tears in his eyes as Harry steps back and bends down on one knee, pulling a box out of one of his pockets.

"Louis William Tomlinson, will you marry me?"

💖