🌤️~ 18 ~🌤️

🌤️

"Only if you start being more nice, though."

Harry sighed. It was about time Louis knew the truth.

"Let me tell you why I am the way I am. I remember, from the moment I was born, people only saw me as a Prince. I went to school with everyone else, but I wasn't treated like everyone else. People would try to be my friend, and when I let them in, they only wanted money or fame. I tried being friends with people, but they were never good to me."

"So I decided to push everyone out. If people wouldn't treat me nicely, I wouldn't treat them nicely, either. I was alone, but I wasn't lonely. I was lonely when my fake friends were constantly asking to borrow money, or manipulating me into buying them things."

"My parents caught on and decided to homeschool me for the rest of my life. They tried arranging dates for me with various guys and girls, but they were all the same. They only wanted money, power, fame. There were breaks between people, of course, but I could never find anyone that just wanted me, not everything that comes with me."

"And then you came along. You agreed to be engaged to me just to help my parents out. You didn't even take the money they offered you. You treated like I was a pain in the arse - which, admittedly, I was - and that's when I knew you were different."

"I tried so hard to not let your amazingly intriguing personality break my walls down, but you ended up destroying them all. You made me believe in love, and you made me believe in people again."

"So, thank you, Louis. For fixing my broken parts."

The only noise is the telly in the background, playing some show the two were barely watching before. Louis lets Harry's words sink in, and there are a few tear stains on Louis' face from hearing Harry's backstory.

"That's horrible, Haz. I promise I'll never be like that. And if I ever make you feel bad, I want you to slap me," Louis says seriously.

That gets a laugh out of Harry, and the sound is so genuine and loud that it makes Louis smile with fondness.

"I don't think it'll be that hard to be nice," Harry says once he's gained his breath back. "After all, being mean was never who I really was in the first place."

Louis thinks for a moment before he responds. "I don't think you ever properly met Zayn. I brought you to his Art Studio, but I don't think you two talked much. Maybe you could start with that."

Harry agreed happily, so the two of them walked hand in hand to Zayn's Art Studio.

Zayn isn't in the main area this time, so Louis goes over and knocks on his door six times.

"Why did you knock so many times?" Harry asks curiously.

"It's code. Best friend things," Louis explains.

Harry is still a bit confused, but he nods nonetheless. It takes a few minutes, but Zayn eventually opens the door.

"Sorry, I had to wash the paint off my hands. Oh, hey Harry."

"Hey," Harry responds awkwardly.

Louis claps his hands together. "Right, so, I realised that you two have never actually talked, so I'm here to make you two be friends."

"Right, well, are you going to stay?" Zayn asks Louis.

"Nah. I think I'll take my horses out while you two get acquainted. See you later."

And with that, Louis leaves.

"Right. Well, come in. Close the door behind you," Zayn directs at Harry.