Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The One With IG Post

"What are you reading?" I ask Chino, tilting my head side to side to check if there's someone's watching. I drew my gaze back to Chino. "You're allowed to do that? Here?" I whisper. But before he could respond, the intercom buzzes causing me and Chino to pause.

Nagkatinginan kaming dalawa. Kulang na lang ay maghawak kamay kami na ala Miss Universe Top 2 sa tuwing tutunog ang intercom dahil hindi namin alam kung sino ang tatawagan niya sa aming dalawa.

"Ms. Fornari, please get here inside my office,"

I looked at Chino, flabbergasted and wide eyed. He almost mirrors the same expression as mine, but in the end he just shrugs and nods his head towards the closed door of sir Archean's office.

I chewed my bottom lip and looked at the staff across me. They were all staring at me, weird glances, knowing glances, some were even whispering something to each other while subtly looking at me.

My palms began to sweat.

Diyos ko.

My God.

Dios mio.

The intercom buzzes again.

"Now, Olivia! Now." It was Sir Archean's firm voice.

"C-Coming, Sir!" I wail. "Chino... What did I do?" I cry, grabbing him on the shoulders to shake him.

He clasps his lips together to stop himself from smiling. "I... I don't know," he shrugs. "Pumunta ka na doon. Mamaya mas lalo pang magalit sa'yo 'yon." Aniya.

I look up at the ceiling. "Into Your hands, I commit my life. Please, Lord, have mercy on me. Amen." I send a little sincere prayer before I turn my heels towards his office.

I knock three times before opening the door. Bumungad sa akin si sir Archean na nakaupo sa kanyang desk. One leg dangling on the side while the other one stood firm to support his weight. Those long legs. One of his assets.

He cleared his throat, causing me to look up on his face. He's already looking at me. His deep ocean blue eyes, staring at me, intently and darkly.

Good God, he's going to fire me! Or kill me! And then he'll hide my body somewhere in his office!

"Good morning, sir." I give him a forced cheeky smile but deep inside I'm crying out for help.

Where? Where is he going to hide my body? Maybe there's a secret passage here somewhere.

"What's this?" his voice pulls me out of my trance. He's holding up his phone, showing me something on the screen. I squinted my eyes to take it in and the panic instantly left my body after realizing what he's showing me.

"Ah!" I beamed, clapping my hands together. "That's my latest IG update!" I told him.

His jaw twitches as he curtly nods. "IG update..." he says through his low voice while nodding. "So tell me, Olivia... What's Penelope Garcia's latest, unreleased book doing in your latest IG update?" His eyes turned into slits.

"Oh, yes. You know, when you and Chino left the building at... what time was that again? Oh, yeah, 9 AM—"

"Shortcut, Olivia. Shortcut." He hiss through clenched teeth.

I pause, putting the strands of my hair at the back of my ear. "Well, I saw the book on your table. It's white and it spits the minimalist vibe," I say, spreading my hands apart in the air while saying the word minimalist.