Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A Night To Remember In Naples

It was 11:30 in the evening and yet Archean wasn't still here. The whole house was quiet... it's always has been ever since we found out about my condition.

No matter how hard we try to pretend, there's this certain gloomy and dull aura that has been living with us for the past years.

Sepia.

If our live was a movie, the background color of it would be sepia.

A dull, gloomy, and painfully nostalgic color that would make the viewers turn off the TV instead. And I can never take that against them because if I just could... I'd do the same. If I could just fucking turn this all off, I would.

Guilt starts building on the pit of my stomach at the thought, driving me to despise myself once again.

It feels like I don't have the right to think about these morbid thoughts given that my husband was... perfect. He never does things that would purposely hurt me.

I look at the time as it keeps on ticking.

It's 11:35 PM.

If this was just a normal evening, I'd be pissed at the fact that he's still not coming home. It's March 15, I'm ovulating and I want us to have as much sex as we can because I'm so desperate to conceive.

Natawa ako nang pagak sa naisip ko.

Now that I'm thinking about it, that sounds fucking cruel. Having sex with my husband for the sake of conceiving.

When was the last time I had sex with him because I want to? Not because I need to?

***

It took us four months. Four months before we finally flew to Naples. Our relationship got stronger and stronger day by day.

Up until now I still don't have a solid idea as to why we are going here. All I know is that this place is where Archean left all his traumas and now he's going to face them again, but this time... with me.

It took us almost 27 hours before we landed at the airport of Naples. Archean wanted us to be there at Naples as soon as possible, that's why I booked our flight from Turkish Airlines. It has only one stopover and it was in Istanbul.

It was exactly 8:47 PM when we reached our destination to the five star hotel that he insisted we check in during our stay here in Naples— ROMEO hotel. This trip caused him fortune, I know because even though I am his girlfriend, I'm his secretary at the same time.

Bagsak na ako nang makarating kami sa hotel kaya hindi ko na na-enjoy ang view. I remember falling asleep inside Archean's arms, him spooning me while he buries his face on crook of my neck.

It was 11 PM when I woke up. The first thing that I did was to stretch my arm to search for Archean's warmth and presence but his space was empty. It was just me on the bed, still wearing my black turtleneck shirt that I tucked inside the waist of my faded jeans. I remember wearing a brown coat and black leather boots when I fell asleep, Archean might have peeled the coat off from me and he might have removed my boots, too.

Where is he anyway?

I slip out of the bed's thick comforter. I roamed my eyes around the room, the room was spacious for the both of us. There's a huge flat screen TV in front of our bed, the walls are white and pristine and the floor is vinyl. There's a large mirror at the back of our bed, and there's a table on the corner— beside the glass walls and green curtains that separates the bedroom and the balcony.