Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Good News With a Bad News

I didn't know how to react with what he said. For a second I thought that maybe I just misheard him.

"But... Tita Amanda..." I didn't know to compose the right words, or the right question to ask, because the pain in his face and in his eyes were all a lot to grasp in.

"She is my mother, too, Liv... the mother that Giana could never be." He says, his jaw clenching.

"Giana... She did a lot of things to me. Things that I don't even want to remember. She—"

I gently lift my hands, and even though I am hesitant, I still reached for his face, careful not to break him even more than he's breaking right now. "Shh... It's okay. You don't have to say it right now. I don't have to know now, Archean." I softly tell him while I caress his cheek using my thumb.

"It's okay," I assure him, smiling but the tears from my eyes keep rolling on my cheeks.

I looked into his eyes... his beautiful eyes that never failed to give me a glimpse of the oceans.

A sad smile drew across his lips. "I have always hated my eyes because they're the only part of me that I got from Giana... they remind me of her and how she ruined me," he confessed, taking me by surprise.

"But everytime you look at them, I forget all about it, Liv... because you're looking at them like they're the most beautiful thing that you've ever seen. And now everytime I see my eyes through the mirror, all I could remember was you and how you always look at them with such fascination."

I smile, looking at him one more time in his eyes. "I do have this fascination when it comes to your eyes... they always remind me of the bluest and clearest ocean," I truthfully tell him.

"And no matter how much I love your eyes, I know that I couldn't have them... but my kids can," I tease, raising both my brows up and down.

It was as if the tension and the heavy atmosphere suddenly disappeared when I hear a deep chuckle rising from his throat.

"There you go..." I say when I successfully made him smile again.

"If you're willing to be my donor, you know where to find me," Pagbibiro ko pa sa kanya sabay kindat.

He crinkled his nose. "Donor? That's boring and expensive. I think making babies the traditional way is more fun, plus, it's free," he grins, riding along.

I know that he was just teasing and he wants to keep the light atmosphere going but his comment still made me flush.

"Hoy, excuse me! Ganda mo! Gumawa ka baby mag-isa mo," I say, still flushing. Hindi mo pa nga 'ko kinikiss, gagawa na agd ng baby.

Natawa naman siya sa reaksyon ko. "Ayan sige... hindi naman kayang panindigan."

"Ewan ko sa'yo! Maligo ka na nga! Parehas na tayong late sa trabaho," Pang-iiba ko ng usapan. I push his broad and naked chest a little. Dang. I can't believe I argued and made up with him while he's barefeet and wearing nothing but his grey sweatpants.

What a hot sight he is.

When I was about to walk, I yelp and almost lost my balance when my ankle reminded me that I sprained it.

"Careful," Archean says as he immediately supports me. He then squatted to carefully remove my heels one by one.

"Aw," I complain when he's removing my shoe from my injured foot. I almost kicked him when he wrapped his fingers on my foot, squeezing it a little as if he's inspecting the injury.