Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The One With a Proud Grin

There's a short pause between Sir Archean and I. He told me to stay, I nod after a few seconds as I brace myself to get yelled at or scolded or get fired even.

I felt his fingers, slowly loosening their grip against my arm, and then I heard him sigh.

"I... I'm sorry I ruined such a huge deal." I apologized, my gaze shooting down on the floor.

"Sorry? What the hell are you talking about, Olivia?" His voice was angry.

Napapikit ako at mariing kinagat ang pang-ibabang labi ko para mapigilan iyon sa panginginig.

What the hell are you talking about, Olivia? You didn't ruin a huge deal, you ruined my life!

Ganyan. Ganyan ang sasabihin niya sa'kin. He will despise me for as long as he lives for being such a pain in his ass.

Nag-angat ako nang tingin sa kanya. "I know how important that deal is and I'm so sorry for—"

"I do not care about the goddamn deal, Olivia," he hiss, cutting me off through clenched teeth. Natigilan ako.

What?

He exhales a harsh sigh as his blue eyes stares at mine intently and intensely. "Why didn't you tell me? Bakit hindi mo sinasabi sa'king binabastos ka na pala niya?"

"I..." I pause, my lips quivering and the corner of my eyes beginning to sting. "Because I promised you that I will make you proud..." And right there, I lost it. The hot tears that I'm holding back began rolling down my cheeks.

I see him catch off guard, twitching his jaw even harder as he watches me fall to pieces in front of him.

"I don't want you to regret hiring me... for accepting me despite my lack of experiences in this field." I tell him, sincerely.

"I also want to prove to them that you accepted me because you knew that I can... not because I'm a supermodel that you are fucking inside your office."

"Olivia," he gasps.

My teary eyes turn into slits. "What, you think I don't know that's what they're thinking of me? I'm bad at spelling words, but I'm not naive."

He sighs and wipes the corner of his mouth using his palm before putting his hands on his hips, eyeing the floor, like he's thinking hard.

He shakes his head. "You are not that kind of woman, Olivia."

"And you are not that kind of man." I replied, almost immediately. May mga ibang chararat na netizens pa nga na nagsasabi na nakaka-disappoint daw siya for hiring a bimbo like me, instead of just giving the position to someone who truly deserves it. Napaka unfair daw ni Archean Fibonacci at walang standards.

I know all of that, I have twitter, and I browse comments on my posts whenever I have time.

"I think that's unfair for you, too... because like I've said, you are not that kind of man. The ones who hire the prettiest woman just so that he could take advantage of her. That's why I really, really wanted to work hard to prove all of them wrong... about me... about you."

He never even looked at me salaciously, or purposely brushed her hands on my thighs everytime I'm approaching... dang, this man can't even stand my presence.

"And I've always been a headache to you... I've been messing things up since day one and I didn't want to ruin this one. It's huge, Sir Archean... It would be a nice opportunity for the staff and as well as the authors pero wala... I still end up messing it up." I breakdown.