Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The One With The Email

There's a message that pops out of my notification bar as I was scrolling through Shopee to find a bed for my puppy, Arli. He's been sleeping on my Gucci Faux Faur for days (he loves it, by the way), it's time for my baby to sleep on a real bed, made for puppies like him.

I tap the message coming from Chino.

Chino:

Hi. Good evening. Are you asleep?

Me:

Hey

Me:

No, I'm waiting for my timer to come off so that I could get rid of my clay mask.

Chino:

Just wanna check on you. How are you?

"Aww." I say as I read Chino's text. Maybe it was because of what happened at the boardroom today. I really do appreciate how thoughtful and sweet Chino is.

Mabuti pa siya ay kinakamusta ako kahit sa text man lang.

Nagtype ako kaagad ng reply.

Me:

I'm good, Chino. Thank you for asking. Really appreciate that.

Me:

Kayo ni Sir Archean? Kamusta? Marami bang work, work, work? Sorry inindian na naman kita.

Chino:

Ano ka ba, Olivia. Ayos lang 'yon. Naiintindihan ko naman. Pero wala naman masyadong trabaho, umuwi nga kami kaagad ni Sir.

Me:

That's nice to know. Osya, tatanggalin ko na muna 'tong clay mask ko. #skincare

Chino:

HAHAHA pakaarte talaga. Sge. Goodnight!

I check the small table clock on my bed side table. It's already 10 PM.

I put my phone on my bed, slip my legs out of the thick comforter and went straight to my bathroom to wash my face on the sink.

I pause when my gaze darted towards my glass bathroom shower... and suddenly, I remembered that my boss used my shower one time.

I find myself, beginning to wonder how must he looked like when he was naked and wet under the steams of my shower. I gulp as the image of him, in his birthday suit, standing inside the closed glasswalls as the water continually drop from his hair down to his broad shoulders, to his chest, those abs, and down... down...

"No, Olivia! No!" I yell while shaking my head, hoping that I'd regain my self-composure, pride, and dignity.

I tilt my head to look at my reflection through the mirror and I almost jumped when I thought I saw a fucking ghost.

It was just me... with my face covered in a green clay mask.

"Oh, God..." I sigh in relief as I clutch my chest. "Well, what a beautiful ghost you'd be." I say, looking at myself through the mirror after I recover from startling myself.

"A sexy one, too." I added when I noticed how hot I look with my purple satin nightdress that has lacy fabric on the v-line, subtly showing a bit of my cleavage.

And seeing my reflection through the mirror made me realize how much I miss walking on the runway wearing lingerie that is made just for me.

I didn't know that it was possible to lose interest in something that you love so much. I never knew that it was possible for the certain things that you used to be passionate about can become something that could bend and break you.