Good terms

"Jules, I have it!" I cheered as I burst through the cafe doors wearing a huge grin on my face

She came skipping over, her expression matching my own, "no way! When do you leave?"

"I leave on..." I paused to quickly double check through the sheets in my hands, "Thursday morning!"

Jules' wide smile died down a little, "it's almost as if Mr.Webb had something to do with that, huh?"

I giggled, "almost."

I got my contract today, along with my flight and accommodation details. Everything was set. I'd almost packed everything, and thanks to Tom kindly leaving me a huge chunk of money I paid off my mortgage so there'd be no sad goodbyes where that's concerned, and thankfully too; I don't think I'd have taken the job if it meant losing my family home.

"So, have you heard from Billie?" Jules asked, snapping me straight back to reality.

I nodded, "yup, she text a few times, I haven't replied yet. I don't want to accidentally blurt out that I'm moving to LA - I just want to get in and settle first, you know?"

"I get that sweetheart. So, what time am I picking you up Thursday morning?" Jules asked as if we'd already planned for her to drive me to the airport.

"Don't be daft Jules" I said, rolling my eyes jokingly, "you don't need to do that!"

As expected Jules shrugged my argument off, "I do, and I am, so what time?"

"Five please Jules," I sent her a thankful smile.

Yesterday Jules and I had a chat, we decided that I wouldn't be doing another shift at the cafe. It's sad, the little coffee shop is my whole life but every beginning has to come to an end, and unfortunately it's time to let it go, at least for now.

About half an hour later I arrived home. I didn't want to leave the cafe but I still hadn't finished packing, and since tomorrow is my last day here, that needed to be done.

___________________________________

iMessage
Ria💞

hey beauty, when do u leave?

thursday morning :(

aw ree, 'a grand adventure is about to begin'

hehe, 'what if I fall?'

'oh, but my darling, what if you fly?'

i miss you:(