Hate this city

"Hello honey!" Polly smiled as she opened her door to see me, Dwayne waved from their sofa just behind her

I grinned widely before shoving a huge bunch of flowers in her face, "hey, do you mind if I..."

"Of course, come on in," Polly stepped aside to let me past, her arms scrambling to catch the bouquet. They'd decorated their apartment beautifully. It had a beige theme, different shades of brown, wooden furniture, yellow toned fairy lights, very cosy.

"I got you another gift," I started as I pulled a jewellery box out of my pocket, "it's an anklet, it's kind of cringe but it has an angel charm on there. I have one matching."

Polly pushed out her bottom lip, her brow shape softened as she made an aw noise, "oh my word, thank you Reese it's gorgeous!"

"I just wanted to thank you. You guided me more than you'll ever know," I sighed, "I leave for New York tonight. I spoke to my manager and he booked some work for me there. He was really understanding..." I sent her a half smile, "you helped me realise that I have to do what makes me happy, no one else is walking in my shoes, after all," i nudged her arm playfully as i quoted her.

Polly took me in for that same motherly cuddle that she did last time, "I'm so happy for you Reese!" I could see that she was fighting her tears, "now go... do those parents and that grandad of yours proud."

"Thank you Polly, thank you so much."

With that I left, turned to my apartment, walked inside and collected my belongings. LA never felt like home, saying goodbye to the city didn't bother me too much. Of course, saying goodbye to Cole, Jax and my apartment tugged at my heartstrings, but sometimes you have to let things go, it can hurt more to hold onto them.

-

"Oh, the airport please!" I said as I slammed the boot closed and climbed into the back of the cab. The driver waited to hear the safety click of my belt then started driving.

My phone called, and thankfully too- I hate small talk with cab drivers, "hello?"

"Hey Reese! Mark here, I hope you're doing ok. You just landed yourself a Justin Bieber concert, i just wanted to let you know! I'm proud of you Reese, you're doing amazing. When you get to New York give me a call, I think you'll love the apartment I've chose," he chuckled at my background screeches, "I'm so excited for you and your new journey, and Reese, I'm glad you told me how unhappy you were in LA, I'd never want any of my staff to suffer in silence."

Mark is not the soft mushy type so his kind words shocked me, "did you just say a Justin Bieber concert? This is huge!" I exclaimed, "thank you so much Mark, I really appreciate the move."

"You're one of my best, if not my best photographer. I hope you enjoy the city that never sleeps! I'll talk to you later," he let out a cheerful giggle then the phone cut out.

LA used to amaze me, the skyline used to inspire me, the beaches used to calm me but looking at it through the car window as rain fell heavy onto the concrete, I realised that it only depresses me.

"Stop!" I yelled as I noticed neon green. The car came to a sudden halt and I climbed out, sticking one finger up to tell the driver I will only be a minute.

I slammed the cab door closed then ran toward her, "Bil..." my voice was loud, my breaths were heavy.

She turned around to face me, her hair was soaking, her clothes were wet through and droplets of rain trickled down her face as if they were paid actors, "Reese?"

I nodded as we got closer, "I saw you through the cab and- well, I don't know..."

Billie let out a light laugh, "you're going to catch a cold..." she held her hands out either side of her, cupping them to catch the water, "it's raining."

"I'm leaving," I stated, my voice loud as I tried to yell over the patter of the rain on the ground.

"Leaving?" She repeated, "where are you going?"

"I'm going to New York, I have a few concert jobs there in a few days."

"Oh, I um- why?" She stuttered.

"This," I looked around at the towering buildings, "this city is not what I imagined. This life, it isn't what I thought it'd be," I wasn't sure whether rain streamed down my face or tears, "nothing is how I thought it would be. I have to make myself happy and I can't do that here, not anymore."

Billie was wearing a sad-shocked expression, she looked as if she could cry at any given moment, "so I guess our story is really over?"

I nodded, "our story was perfect, a fucking disney movie even," I laughed through my tears at the memory, "ours just didn't have a happily ever after."

Billie nodded, reaching her hands to grab my own, "I hope we meet again in another story, where the ending isn't so sad..." she paused to take a short exhale, "fuck... I love you, pretty."

"I love you too..."

I turned around, slowly shuffling my hands out of hers, however she wouldn't let me go. I felt her forcefully pull me back toward her, our bodies clashed together and our lips soon after.

It was a quick kiss, but a sad one, we knew it'd be the last, at least for now.

"See you later," she smiled as she finally let me go.

"See you later Bil."

___________________________________

author note

hey.

my life is a little rocky atm, i'm going through the strangest breakup ever and i literally have no idea how to process it.

i won't lie to you, this book is coming to an end, very soon. i want to put my effort into the new book, i have fucking loved writing this, every second of it, every comment it's been an actual dream youre all so so funny and so kind to me <3 i hope that you chose to read my insanity cure bc it's gonna be a million times better than these books have been.

i love u all very much. those who have checked in on me the last few days, THANK YOU. idk where i'd be w/o you.

sending all my love<3