Makes sense

"You're in LA

"You're in LA..." she said, sadness lacing her hushed voice.

I nodded shamefully. I should've told her I was here, even if I didn't know who I was shooting, I knew that it could be her. Showing up and photographing her at her concert when she thought I was back in England was shitty of me.

Billie purposely smashed the back of her head against the door, "what the fuck Reese?"

Yeah, what the fuck Reese?

"I'm sorry... I didn't uh- I moved here a week ago," shut up Reese. Just shut up.

Billie raised her brows in shock, "you've been here a week? I've been worried about you, and you've been down the fucking street?"

"Billie, let's not forget why I didn't tell you," I snapped, feeling slightly bewildered that she could be truly mad at me.

Billie aggressively shook her head, as if she was desperately trying to get out of it, "you're in LA..."

I didn't say a word, the look of complete dismay in her eyes ripped any vocabulary from my brain.

A couple minutes of silence later Billie pulled her head upright, only for it to instantly slouch down to the ground, "I can't believe you'd keep this shit from me..." she said, her tone harsh.

At this point I'd rattled myself up, how can she be be feeling hard done by? I mean, I hadn't lied to her, I'd simply kept my whereabouts private. I walked over, brushed past her and grabbed my belongings, "yeah, people do unbelievable shit all the time," i said, brushing past her once again, this time lugging my equipment with me.

I walked away in a state of desolation. I didn't look back, not once. I didn't expect our first encounter to go like that. I thought she'd be shocked, sure, but I never expected her to be angry with me.

Maybe she wasn't singing those lyrics at me, or about me. Maybe they were just that, lyrics.

I pulled my phone out and called the only number I knew would answer because of time zones and shit.

"Hey boo," her voice chirped excitedly.

I sighed, loud enough for her to hear, "are you at the parlour?"

"Yes, why?" She paused, but only for a few seconds, "Reese, are you ok? I was about to leave but I'll wait here."

I nodded as if she could see me then held out my arm for a cab, not bothering to wait for whatever fancy car they planned to send me home in.

Half an hour later we pulled up outside of Axes, I thanked the driver, secretly because of how silent he kept through the whole ride, then climbed out of the car.

"In the back!" I heard her yell in her usual raspy tone.

I stormed through the main floor, shoved the door leading to the staff room open and threw my body down onto the black leather sofa.