Hate

"She just ran out on me

"She just ran out on me... this is why I cocoon myself, I don't know what I said or did. She wasn't even on her phone, she just got up and left..." I ranted on, telling my best friend about Cole's strange departure last night.

Ria huffed, "maybe you need to speak to Jax, surely he'll know if somethings up with her?"

"Yes!" I gasped, "why didn't I think of that?"

My best friend laughed lightly, "cause you're dumb."

"You're dumber," I pouted.

Ria sighed heavily, "I miss you... I'm back in England tomorrow for a couple of weeks, it's going to be so odd you not being there."

I quickly mirrored her expression, "I miss you more... ooh, I have a good one!" I paused to search my brain for a quote, "it seems they had always been, and would always be friends, time could change much, but not that!"

Ria let out a cute giggle, "if you live to be one hundred, I hope to live to one hundred minus a day, so I never have to live without you."

"Oh Ri," I huffed, feeling my heart fall heavy, "I'm going to let you get some sleep, I love you."

Ria nodded, "three am flight club, I love you too Ree."

With that I hesitantly ended the call and dialled marks number, I'm on a job tonight and I haven't been told who I'm photographing yet... again.

"Hey mark it's Reese..." I said in a blank tone, his unprofessionalism has been driving me mad.

Mark for once didn't seem to be shuffling around with papers in the background, "hello Reese, I'm so sorry about the other week, there was some serious arguing going on my end between some staff... How can I help?"

I rolled my eyes, thanking the gods above that he couldn't see me, "it's fine. Who am I shooting today?"

"Ah!" He cheered, "well, your photo's were so good last time that Billies team specifically asked you to do tonight's show!"

No, absolutely, positively not happening.

"Oh um- actually..." I stuttered, "is that necessary?"

Mark let out a roaring laugh, "well of course, they asked for you specifically. That never happens! Car will pick you up at seven. Good luck love!"

"Yay..." I said sarcastically before hanging up the phone.

Before shoving my phone into my pocket I decided to text Jax.

___________________________________

iMessage
Jax👊🏻

hey, are u busy? i need to talk to u..

hey sleepy, no i'm free, and bored... cole has the day off n i'm stuck in the shop, come over ❤️