Chapter 1: Tragedy

"Kourtney! Korra!" Senna called to her two daughters.

"Coming mom!" They yelled in unison.

"We're leaving now, we just want to say bye." Senna hugged her daughters. "We should be back by Sunday." Tonraq said as he hugged them. This would be the first time they would go on vacation without their two daughters.

"Bye mom, bye dad. Love you." Korra said.

Kourtney hugged them both. "See you when you get home."

"Love you, Korra. Be good for your sister. No fighting." Senna said in a stern voice.

"Make sure you take care of her." Tonraq told Kourtney. "I will dad."

The front door closed. "I'll be in my room if you need me." Korra said.

"Wait," Kourtney stopped her. "Why don't we watch a movie like we did when we were younger."

Korra hesitated for a moment, "Sure."

The two sisters got comfy on the couch with their dog Naga, who definitely loved Korra more than anyone else. They were covered in a huge comforter.

Three hours later...

Korra and Kourtney fell asleep on the couch when a knock on the front door woke both of them up. "I got it." Kourtney pulled the covers off herself.

She opened the front door and a police officer was standing there with his hat off, "Miss Waters, you are the daughter of Tonraq and Senna Waters?" Korra was standing behind Kourtney. "That's us."

"I'm so sorry to inform you that your parents have died in a car crash on highway 87." Korra looked at Kourtney, "What?" She felt like she couldn't breathe. Kourtney felt like her entire world came crashing down around her.

Korra bursted into tears. It was hard to fully comprehend the news she was hearing.

"Are there any family members that we can call?" The officer asked.

"M-my Aunt Kya, she lives in Republic City." Kourtney sniffled. Hours later Kya arrived at the home. She was given full custody of Korra and Kourtney due to her being the only real family they had left.

A/N: This was the first Fanfic I ever wrote and after the response on my other one I thought I would share it with people on here. I don't know why I always write dark and depressing fanfics but it will be a happy ending. Hope you enjoy:)