Chapter 5: The Truth

"You never told me how your night with Asami went." Kourtney said

"It was really great. I'm so happy when I'm around her." Korra smiled at the memory of the night before.

Kourtney felt so much joy for her sister, this is the most she's seen her smile since their parents death. "Korra, I'm so proud of you. You have really grown up." Kourtney put her arm around Korra's shoulders.

"I couldn't have done it without you." Korra smiled at her sister.

"Oh, I know." She punched Korra's arm.

"We better get going before Aunt Lin sends the whole police force after us." Kourtney stood up and helped her sister up. They got out of the forest and into Kourtney's car.

The drive home they really didn't talk about anything. They spent most of their time listening to early 2000s songs.

"We're home!" Kourtney called out.

Lin and Kya were sitting at the table waiting, "Good, we need to talk." Kourtney hated those words. Something bad always came after they were said.

"What's going on?" Korra sat down.

"Kourtney, you can go. This is a discussion for Korra." Kya said in a straightforward manner.

"Okay, I'll be in my room." Kourtney started wondering what Korra did. She stood at the edge of her door listening.

"Korra, we got to talk about Kuvira." Kya said. "Kourtney told us." Korra put her head down. She couldn't be mad at her sister, she was just trying to protect her.

"Korra, we know what she did to you back in the Southern Water Tribe. We won't let that happen again." Kya continued.

Korra looked at her Aunts, "It won't, I promise."

Kya put her hand over Korra's, "Korra, we love you, Kourtney loves you. We won't let Kuvira push you that far again."

Kourtney felt powerless now that she wasn't in school to protect Korra. She knew someone who would. She quickly got away from the door and onto her bed when she heard Korra say good night. "Good night Kourt."

"Good night, Korra. I'll be taking you again tomorrow."

"Okay, thank you." Korra continued to her room.

The next morning Kourtney dropped Korra off at school and did her usual job. Every morning was usually the same, a bunch of people needing to get to work or there would be an occasional drunk who needed to get home.

Kourtney had a little bit of time before she needed to get to her next pick up so she texted Asami.

Kourtney: Hey, this is Korra's sister. Do you think we can talk? Preferably today.

She didn't get a text back for another ten minutes then she realized that Asami was probably in class.

Asami: Sure. Are you free for lunch? I'll have my friends watch Korra's back to make sure Kuvira doesn't do anything to her.

Kourtney: Lunch will be fine and thank you for that.

Kourtney dropped off her last person and made her way to a small restaurant to speak to Asami.

Asami was already waiting. "You must be Asami. Korra talks about you all the time."

Asami felt her cheeks get hot, "You must be Kourtney. Nice to finally meet you." Asami shook her hand. "What did you need to talk about?"