Fears

She would have expected to be shocked as she was those days with the sudden changes in Serkan's behaviour. But oddly enough, she wasn't. It was like her heart was waiting for it, as much as she tried to make her heart to give up on hope, to give up on him. She took his hand, lifted it up so as their palms were aligning as she said looking at them and then back in his green-brown-gold eyes

"Your fears are my fears and I promise I will turn the world upside down for us to overcome them. Together"

Serkan interlaced their aligning fingers and repeated:

"Your fears are my fears and I promise I will turn the world upside down for us to overcome them. Together"

She turned around so her back was touching his head and she hid her head inside the crook of his neck without separating their hands. With his free hand, Serkan took the blanket that was led on the floor by Eda and covered them both. Soon enough Sirius came and snuggled up to his parents legs and hands, completing the family Serkan knew that he has even if he doesn't remember it. So he caressed Eda's shoulder and kissed her hair until he felt her breathing evening and caressed his son's fur with his other hand while he leaned at the back of the sofa as his eyes were getting more and more tired to stay open despite Serkan wanting to live in this moment forever.

It wasn't until late into the night that Serkan woke up with Eda crying in his arms, shouting while sleeping. He immediately felt a wall pushing to crash his heart as it was picking up speed. He gently touched her and said

"Eda, wake up please! EDA!!! Eda this is a nightmare! WAKE UP!"

After trying to more times and Eda thrashing in his arms, she woke up letting out a bloody scream of his name and hugged her legs to her torso while going back and forth, sobbing and trembling. Serkan literally run like he was in the Olympics to the kitchen to get her some water and rushed back to her kneeling on the floor and gently trying to touch her

"Hey-"

Eda jumped one meter back and screamed "NO! PLEASE NO! DON'T TAKE THEM FROM ME"

Serkan hadn't felt that much pain in his entire life he was sure. Seeing Eda in that state, tears rolling down her prominent cheeks, sobs cracking down her body. Her eyes didn't only had the innate spark and determination that was always set in her eyes, but there was also pain, panic, helplessness.He wanted to punish anyone that was responsible for those tears even if that meant he had to fight her own subconscious mind.

He tried to slowly come closer saying:

"It was a dream. Calm down Edam"

She was shaking her head while crying and repeating "you can't take them from me"

"Eda calm down. It was just a bad dream. Geçti" he said while trying to get close to her but she left a bitter laugh and shook her head

"What if I told you that unfortunately that wasn't just a nightmare but the reality? That maybe still is the reality?"

"What are you talking about?"

"My memories Serkan! My memories! My memories of US! You know, she said while chuckling sadly, I used to dream about you every night when you were gone, that you came back to me, silly I know right? Every single night."

Serkan was shaking furiously his head trying to refuse as he was feeling his lungs having a shortage in air once again seeing Eda like this. But it was like Eda was in a trance, and nobody could get her out of it

"- Every night there was the exact same dream. And you know, I was happy. Yeah I was truly happy because I would get to see you, even in my dreams, that you are beside me, to feel your love, to give me hope that you are alive. To give me a reason to keep me going. Even if I was crying myself to sleep. Even if I was waking up crying cause whenever I was trying to touch you, you were getting out of sight. Cause I could see you. Even for a little. To see your smile. To hear your voice calling me and your eyes seeing me. But now..."