Changes

(Name's) P.O.V
I let out a painful groan, opening my eyes to see I'm in my room. But how did I get here? Last thing I remember was that spider biting me... I held my hand up, to see the bite mark was still there. Only now it was red and swelled up. I guess it wasn't just some weird dream, I had.

When I climb out of bed, I notice my pants felt a little tiny. That's weird. They've always fit, but now it's like they shrunk. Maybe I hit puberty... again.

I walked passed my mirror that made me halt to a stop, before I started walking backwards to look at my reflection. My body, looked a little different. I look at my arms to see they were bigger and buff. I grab the edge of my shirt and lift it up, to see muscles I never had before.

I stare hard at my reflection, unable to believe this was real. How did you suddenly grow muscles?! There's no way this is puberty. Puberty doesn't make you ripped out of nowhere!

Alright so, I have muscles now. Maybe I sleep walk.... Or sleep exercise? Not the best reason for this sudden change, but come on. There's gotta be some thing behind all this?! I dropped my shirt, allowing it to drop and recover myself as I look at the spider bite on my hand.

Spider bites can cause allergic reactions with some people, but I don't think this would fall under that category. This is something different. I glance back at the mirror and smiled at myself. This is something I can live with.

After changing out of my clothes from yesterday and putting on some new one, I headed down stairs. "So, the faker's awake?" Damnit... I was hoping she already left for work. Hearing Mom's voice always made me tense up.

I slowly made my way to the kitchen, where Mom sat at the table, drinking her coffee. "Morning Mom." I said, eyes already moving to the floor. "Look at me when I'm talking to you, (Name)." She said, getting me to force my head up to look at her.

"I had to leave work early because of you yesterday. For weeks you ragged on me to sign that permission slip and then you faked being sick to get out of it?" She asked, picking up her mug to take a sip. "I-I wasn't faking it. I..."

"Don't talk back to your Mother." She snap, making me go silent. "How did I raise such a spoil little brat? If your Father was here, he's slap some respect into you. But he's not." She said, making me bite the bottom of my lip. I know Mom. You've told me... many times.

"I loved that man and you're the reason he left me." She said, making me grip the fabric of my clothing for comfort. "I know." I said quietly. "You better thank me for not doing the sensible thing and getting rid of you when I had the chance."

"Thank you, ma'am." I said, fighting back the tears I could feel building up. "You ruined me, (Name). You better do something great after you graduate, to make up for all the damage you've done." I drop my head, allowing myself to look at the ground. "I will, ma'am."

Mom didn't say anything else, she just finished her coffee and left for work. Isn't she a peach? She's the only reason why I tolerate the bullies at school. They're no picnic either, but they're easier to handle than her. It's best to avoid Mom like the plague, especially in the morning.

I made myself some toast to eat on my way to the bus stop, where there was a knock at the door. I open it find Harry, standing there which a huge grin. "(Name)!" He wrap his arms around me, trying to lift me up off the ground, as he hugged me, but he was unable to. "Whoa. (Name), did you put on a couple pounds?" He asked letting me go. "Ah no. I-I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just..."

"I've been working out." I bladder without even thinking. "You? You've been working out?" He asked, rising an eyebrow in disbelief. "Is that so hard to believe?" I asked. "Is that why you passed out yesterday? (Name), you need take better care of yourself." He then notices the toast in my hand. "Is this what you call breakfast? No wonder you fainted on us."