Uncle Ben

I open my locker, dumbing my books inside. Only taking the ones I need for homework and stuffing them in my backpack. Once I had it zipped up, I closed my locker, putting the lock on it, when I got that spider sense thing again.

Without thinking, my body spun around, hand shooting out to grab someone's arm tightly, holding it up above their head. "Ah! (Name) it's me!" Harry said, squirming in my grip. "Harry!" I let him go and Harry quickly pulled his arm down. "I'm so sorry, I thought you were Flash."

"That jerk hasn't been bugging you again, has he?" Harry asked, rubbing his wrist. "Not since Peter, knock him down the hallway. I've actually hardly seen him, it's nice." I then notice a small box Harry was holding, in the hand of his injured wrist. "What's that?"

"Oh, yeah." Harry grins bashfully as he held the box out to me. "Happy anniversary." I stare at the box, tilting my head to the side a little, in confusion. "Anniversary? Harry, we've only been dating a week." I told him. "Yeah well... I wanted to buy you something." I smile taking the little box. "That's sweet Harry, but you don't need to buy me anything."

"Go ahead, open it." I shook my head and open the little box, only for my jaw to drop at the sight of what was inside. A stunning blue diamond necklace, in the shape of a heart. It was utterly breath taking.... and probably worth more than any number I could name.  "Harry..."

"Isn't it nice? It's called The Hope Diamond. Supposedly it's the largest blue Diamond in the world." Harry explained, grinning ear to ear. "Harry, it beautiful... but..." I trailed off, unsure of how to say it. "What's wrong? You don't like it?" He asked, his grin dropping to a disappointed frown. "No, no, no. I love it... it's just... how much was this? I feel bad about you spending a lot of money on me."

"(Name)... who cares how much it cost? I can afford it." He said, smiling obliviously again. "I know you can... but listen. You don't need to spend so much money on me." I explained, closing the box, unzipping my backpack to stuff it inside. "Why not?" He asked.

"I don't know. It just..." How did I raise such a spoil little brat? "...it just makes me... feel bad." I answered, avoiding eye contact. "Well, if it will make you feel better."

"It would..." I said, and Harry nodded. "I'm going home with Peter, to work on our homework together." I sad, throwing my backpack on. "Again?" Harry asked, sounding a little annoyed by this.

"Finals are coming. I told you, once we graduate you'll have my full attention. I swear." I explained, Harry staters down at me for a moment before he nodded. "Alright. I'm going to hold you to that."

"Hey, don't I always deliver on my end of the bargain?" I asked, with a grin. I stood on my toes to kiss Harry on the cheek. "See you tomorrow, Harry." I told him, walking away. "...See ya..."

Peter and I went back to his house, where we could talk in private in his room. Peter sat at his desk, holding the diamond necklace. "Wow... it's so heavy." He said, gently setting it back in it's box. "Do you think I was being an ass? That thing probably cost more than both our future students loans and I lectured him for buying it for me."

"I don't know... why did it make you feel bad?" Peter asked I shrugged my shoulders. "It just made me feel... out of place. I mean... Harry comes from a wealthy family and I'm... just street trash." I explained, playing with the zipper on my backpack.

"(Name), you're not street trash." You ruined me, (Name). I closed my eyes, shaking her voice out of my head. "Let's talk about something else!" I reached in my back and pulled out my little project. "Like these!"

I proudly held up the wrist devices, I've been tinkering with these past could days. "You made these?" Peter asked, with an impressed smile. "You're not the only science geek." I put the devices on my wrists. "I use the lab at school to make the webbing. I call these little things..."

I use the same hand gesture and shot a web at the sealed Dr. Pepper can on his desk. "Web shooters!" I grab the web with my hand, and pulled on it. The soda can was yank off the desk and was sent hurtling into my face, when I failed to catch it. "Ah!" I stumbled backwards, holding my hand over my nose, as the soda drop to the ground rolling away.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked, sounding both concerned and amused. "Yeah yeah... I wouldn't advise opening that." I said, rubbing my nose. "That's still incredible, (Name). You made these web shooters all within a week?"

"I couldn't sleep most nights, until I figure out an artificial way to make my own webbing. I still need to make a few adjustments and do a lot of practicing. Especially if I'm gonna help you, with this crazy idea of yours." Peter frown, he already knew what I was referring to. "(Name), I told you... I can handle it myself."

"You think I'm gonna let my best friend get himself killed in a wrestling match? Not unless I'm there to drag your sorry ass home." I explained, crossing my arms. "(Name)..."

"Don't you (Name) me! I'm coming with or else I'll tell Aunt May." Peter frown at me with a grumpy look. "Alright. But you better not be thinking of signing up too." I smile, bitting the bottom of my lip. "Would now be a bad time to show you my costume ideas?"  I asked pulling out my notebook and showing a page of a suit design. "(Name)!"

The coming days flew by, with Peter and I practicing our web shooting and fist fighting. Before we knew it, the day finally came. And now that it was here, I wish I hadn't gotten Peter to agree to letting me come with.

I mean I know I got crazy spider powers too, but I've never been in a fight before now. Much less a wresting match!

I knocked on door of Peter's house, anxiously playing with the zipper of my jacket. Maybe I should just bail while I still can. .....Ugh! No. I can't do that to Peter. He need me. Plus the rest of the school year would be pretty lousy without him.

The door was open by Ben, pulling me out of my thoughts. "(Name), what brings you here?" He asked, as he let's me inside. "Oh you know.... stuff." I said, trying act normal.

Ben stares at me for a moment. "Alright..." He walk into the dinning room, May smiles at me as she was doing some knitting in the living room. "Peter, (Name) here." Not long after Ben announce my arrival to his nephew came running down the stairs. "(Name) and I are going to the downtown library, I'll see you later."

"Wait. I'll drive you both there, buddy." Ben said, walking back over to us. "We'll take the train." Peter told him, as Ben grabbed his coat. "No, I need the exercise. Go on. Go, go, go." Ben waves us out the door, as he looks back at his wife with a 'ok' hand gesture.

The ride over to the library was awkward. Ben try to make conversation, but I was too nervous to say anything and Peter was too distance. Finally Ben stop his car in front of the library, Peter unbuckled his seat belt before the car even came to a stop. "Thanks for the ride, Uncle Ben."

"Now wait a minute, we need to talk." Ben told him. "We can talk later." Peter replied. "Well, we can talk now. If you let me." Yeah, I probably shouldn't be here. "I'll just wait outside for you, Pete." I said, opening the car door to get out.

I stood away from Ben's car, glancing over at a couple times. I look away, starting to rethink this idea once again, when I heard a car door slam. I look back at the car to see Peter, walking up to me as Ben's car drives away. Once Ben's car was out of sight, we glance over at the library across the street.

"Come on, let's go." Peter said, looking irritated. "Are you sure about this, Peter. I mean... a hallway fight is one thing but...." I said. "It's going to be alright. We got powers. The only one that's gonna end up getting hurt is the other guy." I bite the bottom of my lip, feel very unsure about all of this. "I hope you're right."