You'll Always Have A Home Here

(Alright! Before we get started I wanna make something clear. If you saw No Way Home don't post spoilers in the comments. I don't know when I'll be able to see it so I don't want to see, hear, or read anything about the movie! And I don't want anyone else reading this story to get spoiled either. If you were planning on asking me if I was gonna do NWH, if in case a certain in particular actor is in it... just keep that question to yourself. You'll find out if I'm doing NWH or not when we finally get to Spider-Man 3 alright? Okay good, remember to keep all NWH thoughts to yourselves please.)

I was sitting at the desk, Dr. Octavius gave me in his lab, working on my homework and quietly singing a song I heard, to myself. "Livin' on the edge, figthing crime, spinning webs, swinging from the highest ledge, they can leap above our heads..."

"(Name)?" I look over my shoulder at where Dr. Octavius stood in the lab. "Can you please come over here, for a moment?" I drop my pencil onto my unfinished paper and stood up, walking over to Dr. Octavius. "Yeah?"

"Tell me. What do you think of this?" I look down at the blueprints of the reactor Dr. Octavius plans to build, in order to attained sustainable energy. "It looks like... a giant claw."

Dr. Octavius let out snicker, shaking his head. "I suppose it does." Dr. Octavius stares at the blueprint for a moment, placing a hand under his chin. "(Name), what is you're dream?" He suddenly asked out of nowhere. "Uh... well... I'm actually living it right now."

"You are?" He asked, turning his gaze away from the blueprint and onto me. "Yeah, you're... you're amazing Dr. Octavius. Getting to work with you has always been my dream." Dr. Octavius smile, dropping his hand from his chin to pat me on the back. "Well I'm honored. But what is it about science that draws you in?"

"Hm?" Dr. Octavius place hand on the middle of my back and begin guiding me through the lab. "Surely there's something about science you like. Something you hope to achieve in the career."

"Well uh.. I've actually never gave it much thought. I've just... always had a habit of making stuff out of a box scraps. So I guess I just wanted to stick with what I know. But my friend Peter is actually more of a scientist than me."

"What makes you say that?" Dr. Octavius asked, coming to a stop. "Well he's always been smarter. Besides PE, he got straight A's in everything. I did alright in some subjects but others I was just barely passed."

Dr. Octavius merely smile and placed his hand on my shoulder, similar to when we first met. "You shouldn't put yourself down, (Name). You're brilliant..." I smile a little, up at Dr. Octavius. "But I've also heard you're lazy." He suddenly said next, causing me to drop my smile. "Dr. Connors told you didn't he?" I asked, not getting an answer, only Dr. Octavius starring down at me. "Is this what's this all about?"

"Yes. Connors has expressed concern that you might be in the wrong place if you're not taking your classes seriously. Which makes me concerned. When I asked about what draw you to science, you put yourself down in favor of talking up your friend."

"Well he is smarter so..." I started, Dr. Octavius removed his hand from my shoulder, to point at me. "But this friend of yours isn't you, (Name). What do you like about science? What was your reason for majoring in it?"

"I..." I tried to think of an answer but nothing was coming to my mind. I drop my head in shame, now feeling like I have no business being here, now. Peter's the real scientist... I'm just a pretender. He deserves this internship way more than me.

"I don't know. I guess just... wanted to be in the same class as his. Didn't want... to be in a different class by myself." I finally admitted. "You were afraid to be alone?" Dr. Octavius asked and I merely nodded. "(Name). I want you to remember this..." I lifted my head to look at Dr. Octavius.