We Don't Really Talk About This

I sat in the apartment, anxiously bobbing my leg. Peter been missing since last night and I have a sinking feeling of where he might have gone. Finally the door jerks open and I perk up, seeing Peter.

Only his appearance was slightly different. He was wearing all back and he had his bangs combed over in front of his eyes. And I swear it looks like he's wearing eyeliner.

I jump to my feet as he knock the door shut. "Where have you been?" I asked. Peter turn to me and smile, flirtatiously. "Just taking out the trash." He replied. "You've been gone since last night." I said.

"I didn't mean to worry you, babygirl." Peter is in a hush tone, slipping his hands around my waist and pulling me closer to him. "Hey! What are you doing?" I asked, putting my hands on his chest to try and push myself away.

"What? I can't hug my girlfriend?" He asked, keeping a firm grip on me. "You've never been this forward before." I said, feeling uncomfortable. "Well maybe there's a side of me you haven't met yet." Peter asked, leaning down, his lips ghosting over mine.

I push him away and step back, looking at him with disgust. "Well maybe I don't like it." I said and Peter just shrugs. "Whatevaaa." He said, turning away to look in the mirror, checking his hair.

"Peter be honest with me." I said, walking up behind him. "Did you go to Harry's?" I asked. "Yep." He replied, brushing his bangs down. "And? What happen?" I asked. "I put that snobby stuck up prick in his place." He replied.

I look at Peter stunned by this answered and his attitude. "What?" I asked. Peter turn around to smirk at me. "I beat him a pulp. Than threw one of those Green Goblin bombs at his face."

I inhaled sharply, staring at him completely astounded. "Wha... why would you do that?!" I asked, feeling shock, anger, and scared all at the same time. "He tried to kiss my girl what else was I supposed to do?" He asked.

"Not throw a friggin' grenade in his face for one!" I exclaimed. "He had it coming." Peter said. "He's still our friend." I said. "Is he? After everything he's done?" Peter asked. "I'm not saying we should forgive or anything. But he's still important to us. We grew up with him, he was like a brother to you." I replied.

"Now he's a brother with a jack-up face." Peter said, laughing. I shook my head, looking at him confused. "What's gotten into you? You're not acting like yourself at all." I said. "You're right. I'm acting like a better me." Peter said, smiling smugly.

"I don't think I would would call this better." I replied. "Yeah well, who cares what you think?" He asked and I look at him appalled. "I would assume you for one!" I said, crossing my arm and glaring at him.

"Killing Sandman, attacking Harry, and now acting like a completely jerk. I don't know what's going on with you but I'm not going put up with it." I said and Peter scoffs. "Oh really? You put up with worse when Otto went insane. But yet you can't be bother to stand by me? After I defended you?" He asked.

"You didn't defend me. I had everything under control. What you did was break into his home and assaulted him!" I exclaimed. "I did it for you!" Peter yelled. "You did it for yourself!" I shouted back.

Peter and I stared each other down for a moment. "Actually no. The real Peter... my Peter would never do that." I said, softly. I turn away, thinking for a moment. "The only person I trust is you... and I don't think I can even do that anymore."

I step away, grabbing my duffle bag. "What are you doing?" Peter asked, as I walk up to the closet and started packing my stuff. "I told you, I'm not gonna put up with this. I think it's best we both take a break from each other."

"So that's it? You're just gonna leave?" Peter asked. I turn to him, zipping my bag up and throwing it over my shoulder. "If I have to." I replied and went over to the door, forcing it open.

"When you start acting like yourself again, come find me." I said, looking over at Peter sadly. Peter glared back at me coldly and turn away. I drop my gaze to the floor and left the apartment.

The only place I could think to go was Felicia's. So I follow the address she gave me and swing by, explaining everything to her. "Wow. And I thought my ex was bad." Felicia said, sipping her coffee.

"I hate to ask but..." I stared to say. "Ah, bup-bup-bup." Felicia interrupted me, holding up one finger. "Don't hate anything. I told, sunroofs always open for you. Stay as long as you want." She said, smirking at me. I smile back. "Thanks Felicia. You're the best." I said. Felicia sighs and runs a hand through her long white hair, flipping it. "I know." She said, making me laugh.

That laughter died down when I notice something familiar hanging on the wall behind her. I narrow my eyes at it seeing, it was a solid gold tablet with ancient Egyptian carvings on it.

"Wait a minute..." I muttered getting up and walking around Felicia to get a closer look. Confirming that I have seen this somewhere before. "Is this the Tablet from the Natural History Museum?" I asked, turning back to Felicia and pointing at the tablet.

"It's replica." She replied, taking another sip of her coffee. "Don't lie to me Felicia, this is real gold. You stole this. Why? You know I'm gonna have to return this." I said, feeling agitated now.

Felicia set her mug down and stood up to walk over to me. "It's just sitting on a wall gathering dust. At least here, I can keep it dust free." She said, smiling at her reflection in the gold.

"Felicia no. Please..." I pleaded. Felicia turn away from the tablet to look at me. "Don't steal anything ever again. I can't... I can't stand the thought of fighting anymore of my friends." I said, tearfully.

Felicia's smile faded as she stares at me. "Sorry Spider..." She said, turning away from me. "But this world hurt me. I'm just returning the favor." She said, in a raspy voice.

"What?" I asked, confused. "Return it if you want, you're still free to crash here. I'm going out." She said, walking towards the door. "Felicia." I called out, holding out my hand.

Felicia turn around as she continued walking backwards. "Don't worry I won't take anything." She said, winking at me. She turns back around and opens the door.

"Not right now, anyway." She said, pulling the door behind her as she left. I sigh glared down at the ground. "Damn it." I muttered.

I suited up and swing over to the Natural History Museum, arriving just as they were locking up. I crawl on the ceiling of the main entrance, seeing a guard enter, looking at his watch. I lower myself down on a web.

The guard looks up from his watch, seeing me and jump back startled. "Hey sir, lose something?" I asked, swinging myself around, so I land on my feet when I let go. I then took the table I had web to my back, pulling off the webbing and handing it over.

The guard's eyes lit up with joy and relieved. "Oh! Thank you, so much Spider-Woman. My friends and I were afraid we might never get this back." He said, glancing over at the Theodore Roosevelt mannequin that sat on a horse.

"No prob. Maybe lock that thing up behind glass or something. Okay?" I said, snapping my fingers and finger gunning at him as I click my tongue. "Yeah, yeah, not a bad idea. Thanks again."