Visiting Hours

I walk through the hospital, looking at the room numbers anxiously. A part of me can't even really believe I agreed to come visit her. After everything she's done, she doesn't deserves my time. Not even on her death bed.

But my curiosity is getting the better of me. I mean why does she want to see me? That question keep swimming around in my brain the whole way over here. It's the only reason why I haven't bailed yet.

Finally I found her room number. Taking in a deep breath to prepare myself, I step into the room. Mom laid in bed looking absolutely terrible. Completely bald, machines hooked up to her, outlines of some of her bones could be seen under her skin, and the almost lifeless look in her eyes. It was like life was slowly draining out of her. A part of me actually feels bad seeing her like this.

"(Name). You came." She said, weakly. I stuff my hands in my pocket and walk over to wall, keeping my distance. "Surprised?" I asked. "No. I knew you come. I know I'm a shitty mother... but I know my kid." She said making me scoff. "So... you've had this for five years and you never told me?" I asked her.

"I didn't find out I had cancer until a month after you graduated. By that time you were out of the house, so it didn't seem worth it at the time. You know how expensive hospital bills are. I was hoping you stay with that Osborn kid to pay for it all. But looks like you ruin things right after I told you not too." Mom explained.

I look at her offended. "Harry might have made a lot of mistakes that upset me... but he's a good guy. I would never use him like that." I said, Mom gave a weak chuckle. "Still playing innocent." She said.

"Why did you called me here anyway?" I asked, stepping away from the wall and standing end of her bed, glaring at her in anger. "Do you want to know who your father is?" She asked. I blink a couple times in confusion. "What?" I asked, quietly.

"You're father. Since I'm dying I figure I clear the air, thought I don't think it will do you any good. He doesn't even know you exist and if you were to confront him, he just think you made up being his kid to get his money." Mom explained. I narrow my eyes at her. That... that doesn't make any sense.

"Doesn't know I exist? You told me he left because you got pregnant with me!" I exclaimed. "Is that what I said?" She asked. "Yes! Do you have any idea how much that messed me up?" I asked, pointing at myself.

"If it makes you feel any better now, he never found out I was pregnant. Actually he left before I even found out I was. I tried getting in connect with him but my calls were denied and letters were sent back." She explained.

"Oh my god..." I cover my face my with hands, turning away. "Are you telling me for years, you yelled at me for him leaving when that wasn't even the reason he left?!" I asked, in rough voice. "Shit happen kid." Mom replied.

I spun around and marched up to the end of the bed, pointing at her. "No! Shit like that doesn't happen! My boyfriend propose to me and I turned him down because of everything you've said to me! You twisted my emotions around to the point I was too scared to even be loved! You are a sick twisted woman I can't even believe I'm related too! I hope you rot in hell!"

I turn back around, walk toward the door in a huff. Wanting to get as far away from her as possible. "Do you still want to know who he is?" Mom asked getting me to stop in the doorway. I stared on ahead, as only one person came to my mind.

"I don't need to know who he is. My father is dead. Drowned in the bay saving the city." I said, I then look over my shoulder to glare back at her. "Unlike you, he actually made up for the damage he caused." I said, coldly.

I then left, walking down the hallway. As I walked towards the elevator, I came across the pay phones. I stop going up to one of them, wanting be with someone after all that. But Peter probably still asleep and he's got enough on his plate already. I tried calling Felicia but she didn't pick up. So there was only person left...

I took in a deep breath and put another quarter in, dialing Harry's number. "Hello?" Harry said when he answered. "Hey Harry. It's (Name)." I said, quietly. "(Name)! It's so good to hear your voice. What's going on?" He asked, making smile a little.

"A lot. Is it alright if I come over?" I asked. "Of course! My door's always open for you. I'll tell Bernard to get us some food." Harry replied. "Okay. I'll be there soon." I said. "Can't wait." Harry said and I hanged up the phone.