06. Saturday July 5, 2014

Luke, Calum and Katie were all currently at the grocery store, so that Katie could pick up a bunch of snack for her and the girls, since she was heading over to Fallon's for a bit.

"Luke? Kate? Meet me outside when you're done." Calum tells them, before making his way out out the store.

Luke watches Calum leave out to his car, before looking over at Katie who's still browsing through different candies.

Katie looks up at him standing halfway down the aisle, cocking her head to the side in confusion. He was just standing there staring at her, no longer following her around.

"Kate? He calls you Kate?" Luke asks, approaching her.

Katie nods, "Yeah. He has been since I hung out with him."

"You hung out with him? Alone?" Luke asks, feeling like his chest was tightening.

She slowly nods again. "Yeah. I snuck out a couple weeks ago with him. We just hung out at the park."

"You snuck out with him?" Luke questions, feeling a sharp pain in his chest.

"I did, Luke. Yeah. What's your problem?" Katie awkwardly chuckles, beginning to walk down the aisle again.

"Well, I just- I mean, those are things we do. We're best friends. You only sneak out with me. I'm the only one who has a different nickname for you." Luke stammers, nervous to even be somewhat open with her.

"I mean, I'm also close friends with Cal, Luke." Katie replies. If she didn't know Luke so well, she'd be confused by his actions, maybe even annoyed. She knew Luke was upset because he was very possessive when it came to Katie. It never really bothered her, because she knew it all stemmed from his past.

He just never wanted her to abandon him like so many others have. She was his best friend. Not Calum's. Luke decides to not say anything else, because he really didn't want to get too far into this with her. He'd just end up really upset, or upsetting her.

"Okay, I've got my movie snacks, we can go pay." Katie tells him, nudging him to snap him back into reality.

The pair head to the front of the store, and Katie pays for the various snacks she's picked up for her and her friends.

The guys were dropping Katie off at Fallon's, she was having a girls night with her and Vanessa. The guys were going to have a boys night at Ashton's.

Luke and Katie both run out to Calum's car, the two fighting over who would get the front seat. Luke gets there before her, the pair giggling as they get into the car. Calum looks back at Katie in the back seat, smiling as he watches her laugh. He loved listening to her laugh, he thought it was cute. Most people loved Katie's laugh, it made you want to laugh along with her.

"I'm late to Fallon's, we gotta go!" Katie laughs, leaning forward and patting Calum on the shoulder as if that would make him go.

"Alright, alright." Calum chuckles, starting the car and pulling out of the parking lot.

The drive isn't long, the three just sing along to the music Calum is blaring in the car.

Luke looks back and smiles at Katie as they continue basically screaming along to the music. When he sees they've arrived at Fallon's he tries to hide his frown, not wanting Katie to go.

"Thanks, guys! See you!" Katie cheers, quickly getting out of the car. She waves at the boys from the front door, before rushing into Fallon's house.

Luke and Calum don't speak for most of the ride to Ashton's. Mostly because Luke couldn't stop thinking about Calum and Katie hanging out. What do they talk about when they're together? What is he saying to her? He groans, throwing his head back against the headrest.