27. Saturday August 1, 2015

Luke and Katie both flop down on the couch, exhausted after the day they've had.

Katie and Fallon have spent the day moving into their new apartment. All of the boys and Vanessa were helping move furniture earlier. They left a couple hours ago, except for Luke. Fallon left as well, to bring Vanessa home before going to run some errands.

Calum wanted to stay, but Luke still doesn't know, so he left with Ashton and Michael. He wanted to be able to kiss her goodbye but he couldn't. He had to give her a small wave and leave like it was nothing.

"How are you feeling?" Luke asks, pulling Katie closer to him.

"Excited. I'm excited to be moved out. I'm excited to live with Fallon. I'm just really happy. Things are going well for me right now."

"I'm happy that you're happy, Kat." Luke smiles, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Smiling up at him, she nods. "Thank you for always being here."

Katie meant what she said. Even more so now, because she was worried he wouldn't be anymore. She wants him to know how much she appreciates him.

Luke trails kisses from the top of her head, down the side of her face quickly before placing his lips to hers. Katie doesn't pull away immediately, mostly because she's startled. She's with Calum, she can't be doing this.

He tries pulling her on his lap, but she resists. "No, Luke. Don't. Not now." Katie says, trying to push Luke away from her as he leaves a trail of kisses down her neck.

"But, Kat, baby-"

"I said no, Luke." She groans, moving away from him. She also had to ignore the feeling in her stomach even Luke said that to her. She should not be feeling that.

Luke sighs, pulling her close, "It's been so long-"

"Luke! I can't do this anymore!" She exclaims, forcefully shoving Luke away. She didn't understand why Luke was being like this, he never did this. She knew she was holding out but she had a reason. Even any other time before when she held out on him, he never acted this way.

"Why? What's gotten into you? I don't care if you're fucking somebody else, Kat." Luke tells her. However, he obviously cared, and he always would. He loves her, but she never seemed to reciprocate those feelings. So he had to keep acting like he couldn't care less.

"I'm not fucking somebody else. I'm actually dating somebody for once. I'm not fucking it up because you wanna make out."

"Well, I wanted to fuck, but I guess that's not happening anymore." Luke mutters, not even wanting to address the fact that his best friend is now going out with somebody that isn't him.

Katie rolls her eyes, "That's all you have to say?"

Luke sighs, "I mean, that's great for you, Kat. I hope things go well. Truly. All I want is for you to be happy."

She weakly smiles, "I really appreciate that, Luke. Thank you."

"So? Who is he? Where did you meet? I need to approve of this man who my best friend now has feelings for."

Katie clears her throat, her heart beginning to beat faster due to the nerves. She could feel her heartbeat pulsating through her body, hearing the pounding in her ears as she felt like she might have a panic attack. "About that. We should talk."

"Oh? Uh, is something wrong?"

"Luke, you're my best friend. You know I'd never hurt you, right?"

"Kat? What the fuck is going on?" Luke questions, not having any idea what's going on with Katie right now.