19. Friday May 1, 2015

As Katie wakes up, she recalls the events from the previous night. She looks next to her, to see the stranger she went home with. Thankfully he was still asleep, and she hoped he'd stay that way until she managed to leave.

Once she manages to leave without waking the man sleeping in his bed, she begins walking, pulling her phone out to text Fallon.

Katie does her walk of shame straight to Fallon's house, texting her to let her know she's on her way.

Though she had a great night last night, she still felt so confused. All she wanted was to get her mind off Luke, and Calum. She's had one night stands before, but this just felt so off.

When she arrives, she stands outside the door, barely knocking as Fallon swings the door open almost immediately.

"You had fun, huh?" Fallon smirks, looking Katie up and down.

Katie's heels were barely on her feet, her dress from the night before looking a mess. Her hair was disheveled, as she couldn't really do much with it.

"Can we just go to your room please? Before your family sees me?" Katie quietly begs, pushing past Fallon and into the house. Removing her heels, she sighs as Fallon shakes her head at her.

Quickly rushing up the stairs, Katie bolts into Fallon's room before she gets caught. Fallon follows behind, trying not to giggle at Katie.

"Can I borrow clothes? Please?"

"Yeah, of course. Is there a reason you came here?" Fallon asks as she falls onto her bed, watching Katie browse through her closet.

"What do you mean?" Katie questions, turning to look at Fallon.

"Is it because you didn't want to face Luke looking like this?" Fallon smirks again, taking in her friends appearance, again.

Katie groans, rolling her eyes before going back to sorting through Fallon's closet. "I'm going home, not to Luke's."

"But weren't you meant to hang out with Luke today? Weren't you supposed to be there, like, now?"

"I look like a disaster. I'm sorry, but I don't need him knowing what I was up to last night."

"Clearly you had a good night, I've never seen you this messy before." Fallon snickers.

"It was intense, Fallon. Jesus. Anyway, I know he wouldn't be happy to see me like this, no matter how hard he'll try to lie to me. I just need to look half decent and go home to my parents and just... tell them I stayed here. It's fine."

"Why are you sneaking around so much? And, I'm not judging here, just curious, but what's with all the random hookups? You were never like this."

"It sounds like you are judging." Katie mumbles, pulling a sweater out of Fallon's closet, along with a pair of leggings.

"I'm not. You've never been into this before. I just wanted to make sure you're okay, and I hope you're not looking for something you won't find in meaningless sex."

"For somebody who has a lot of meaningless sex, you sure sound like you're judging." Katie retorts.

"I don't know why you're so defensive right now. I genuinely just want to make sure you're okay." Fallon tells her, shrugging her shoulders.

Katie sighs, "I'm fine..."

"Liar."

Katie groans, joining Fallon on her bed. "If I'm honest with you, I need you to not say anything. Okay? Not even to Ness."

"Katie, seriously, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm just trying to ignore some feelings. I know I'm not dealing with it properly, and that these random hookups are probably for nothing. But they're a good distraction for now. You know there's some stuff that's happened recently that I need to stop thinking about."

Fallon immediately assumes Katie is talking about Luke, which gets her excited. She now knew about Katie and Luke hooking up, so she figured there has to be feelings there by now. However she does her best to not react, since she wants to just support her friend. "If you know this isn't what you should be doing, why are you doing it?"

Katie shrugs. "I don't know. It's kinda fun, I guess. It's not like I'm not enjoying myself."

Fallon chuckles, "I mean, I get it."

"Exactly. So just let me do this. I'm having a good time."

"Okay! I just wanted to talk it through with you, that's all. I love you."

"I love you too." Katie laughs, standing back up so she can change. Removing her dress, and quickly throwing on Fallon's clothes she Katie ignores all of Fallon's comments about how hot she is, even though she appreciates it.

"Oh, and you know where my makeup remover is in the bathroom, right? I'm sorry, I love you, but you look like you've been to hell and back." Fallon giggles.

"Stop! I know it's bad!" Katie whines, trying to hide her face from Fallon. "I would've removed it at his place but I wanted to get out of there before he woke up."

Fallon laughs, shaking her head at Katie. "I'm kind of loving this version of you."

"Right? She's fun." Even though Katie did somewhat feel that way, part of her just wished she could go back to normal. Whatever that meant.

"Jesus, Katie. Slow down." Vanessa mutters, grabbing the bottle of gin out of Katie's hands.

Katie pouts, the straight alcohol not even making her wince.

"You're fucking insane." Vanessa adds.

"We haven't even made it to the guys yet and you're already about to black out." Fallon tells her.

"Yeah, that's kind of the point." Katie mumbles, rolling her eyes at her friends.

Vanessa and Fallon look at each other, neither of them speaking but both of them looking at each other with concern for their friend. Vanessa walks over to Katie, taking her phone and purse from her. "Maybe you should stay home tonight..."

"Uh, no?" Katie replies, snatching her things back from Vanessa.

"You're already not doing so great, I'm just a little worried." Vanessa tells her.

"I'm literally fine. Let's just go! We have to go to Ashton and Luke's!" Katie exclaims, heading towards the door.

Both Fallon and Vanessa give up, following Katie to the door. Vanessa calls for an Uber to get them to their place.

Once the trio arrives, Katie suddenly has the urge to keep drinking until she has absolutely no idea what's going on.

As everybody socializes before they head out, Katie just heads off on her own, taking a couple shots.

"Jesus, Katie. Enough." Fallon mutters, pulling Katie away from the alcohol.

"What?" Katie groans.

"I'm concerned."

"I never drink like this! I do it once and you all freak out!" Katie quietly exclaims, not wanting to attract any more people into the kitchen.

Fallon sighs, "That's why I'm freaking out, because you don't drink like this. But, okay. Fine. Just be smart, okay?"

Katie smiles, nodding in understatement. "Yes! I'm fine!"

Fallon was a little worried, she had a bad feeling about how Katie had been behaving. It's just a phase, she figured it would all be fine soon. Katie just needed to work up the courage to talk about these things, maybe the alcohol would get her there. Fallon trusts her, things will work out between her and Luke, she knew they would.