22. Sunday June 7, 2015

Katie arrives for brunch somewhat late, since she needed to help her mom tidy the house for people that were apparently going over tonight. She was just glad she would be gone while their company was over.

Dodging around the tables at the restaurant, Katie finally sits with her friends who've clearly been waiting for her. They've already ordered mimosas for themselves, and one for Katie as well.

"I'm so sorry, you guys." Katie sighs, putting her purse on the empty seat next to her as she looks up at the two women seated across from her.

"No worries, Katie. We're worried about you. What is going on?"

"Do I get right into it?"

"Yes!" They both exclaim.

"Calum asked me out." Katie admits, making her friends jaws drop.

"What?" Fallon yells, not caring that they're in public.

"Shhh!" Katie shushes, reaching across the table to her.

"You're lying, right? You meant to say Luke, right?" Vanessa asks.

Katie shakes her head. "No. Calum."

"What did you say?"

"I said yes. Is that not obvious?"

"What?" Both girls exclaim.

"Shut up!"

"I'm so confused." Vanessa says, before taking a sip of her mimosa.

"You both know Calum and I have always been flirty with each other. I kinda expected it, honestly." Katie shrugs.

"Yeah, but what about Luke? We all kinda expected Luke to be the one you end up with." Vanessa replies.

Katie shrugs, "I don't know. We had a conversation about it once, but we decided it wouldn't work. I know he's had feelings for me for a while, I'm not stupid. I think most people know I had feelings for him once as well. It's just- that part of my life is over now. Luke and I are still best friends obviously, but I've moved on. It just won't happen with him."

"I'm literally crying." Fallon speaks up, with tears actually pooling in her eyes.

"Why are you two so upset about this?" Katie laughs, but she's also annoyed. Why can't her friends just be happy for her? What's with everybody always wanting her to be with Luke?

"She was just really rooting for you and Luke." Vanessa says.

"But I'm also so happy for you and Calum. I really hope things work out for you two." Fallon clarifies as she blinks back tears, wanting her friend to know she supports her.

Katie smiles, "Thank you. We're going out tonight."

"How's Luke taking it?"

"I- I haven't actually told him." Katie mutters, not wanting to admit it, since her friends will yell at her. Rightfully so.

"Katie!"

"I know! I just thought, why upset Luke when I don't know how our date will go. I'll tell him later, if Calum and I actually work out."

"Oh my god. I literally can't believe this." Fallon mutters, unable to focus on anything but her plate in front of her. She wasn't really looking at it, she was more of in a daze, trying to process the fact that Katie likes Calum and not Luke.

"Okay, Fallon, you're going to make Katie feel bad." Vanessa says, noticing the looks on both of her friends faces.

"Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm just confused! I really thought you had feelings for Luke!" Fallon tells Katie, her mouth still hanging open in shock.