26. Friday July 17, 2015

Katie and Fallon were walking down a fairly busy downtown street, towards the park they were meeting up at. Calum was already there, Vanessa would be meeting them shortly.

"So like, you and Calum will be acting like a couple today?" Fallon asks, brushing her hair out of her face.

Katie shrugs. "I don't wanna be that person that annoys everybody, but, maybe."

Fallon chuckles and Katie giggles at her comment. She really didn't want to be that couple that was always all over each other, or answering for the other. But her and Calum would figure it out. They'd find their way.

"I'm really happy for you, Katie. I know I've said things about Luke, and there was the conversation about the friend group... it may not have seemed like it but I'm really happy for you."

"I know that, Fal. I appreciate it. Thank you." Katie smiles, truly appreciating Fallon's words.

"I'm serious. From what I've witnessed from you and Cal so far you two are really cute, I can already tell you really like him." Fallon smiles, nudging Katie as they walk into the park.

"Of course I do. I would not take all these risks if I didn't." Katie replies, wanting to make sure that Fallon truly does understand she really likes Calum.

The pair walk through the park, Fallon quickly squeezing Katie's hand before they get to the picnic table that Calum's currently sat at, waiting for them. He's slouched over his phone, tapping away while awaiting their arrival.

"Hey." Katie smiles, resting her hand on Calum's back.

His head snaps up her direction a smile growing across his face. "Hey, Kate."

"Hi, Calum." Fallon says as she sits across from him, slightly raising her voice in a joking manner. "I exist too."

"Hey, Fallon." Calum laughs, shaking his head at her.

"It's fine. I get it. You two are together." Fallon mutters, half joking.

Vanessa joins them moments later. "I hope you weren't here too long before me."

"Nope. Only a few minutes. Thank god though, Calum didn't even acknowledge me. He only cares about Katie now."

"Fallon, stop it!" Katie laughs, playfully rolling her eyes at Fallon.

Fallon laughs, "I can't. I'm sorry."

"So can I ask you two something?" Vanessa asks, looking between Calum and Katie.

"Uh, yes?" Katie nervously replies.

"Who knows about this?"

"Ashton knows. He caught Calum and I making out." Katie tells her.

"And I told Michael." Calum adds.

"So it's just Luke?" Vanessa asks, more of a rhetorical question.

There's a silence that falls over the group. Not necessarily awkward, but somewhat uncomfortable.

"Are you okay if we tell Luke soon? If I tell Luke soon?" Katie nervously asks, intertwining her hands with Calum's.

He smiles as he looks down to their hands, before looking back up to her. "I think I'm ready for that."

Fallon and Vanessa watch them from across the picnic table, both with sweet smiles on their faces. They both love seeing Katie like this. She's happy, and she's happy with Calum.

"I don't know if I am, but I know I have to. The longer we wait the more upset he'll be." Katie sighs, fiddling with his fingers.

"You have stop stop stressing out about this. What can I do to help?" Calum asks, just wanting to make this easy for her.

"I really don't know. I don't think anybody can help. It's just going to suck."

"Well, maybe getting it out of the way soon might help." Fallon speaks up, hoping her suggestion will remind them that her and Vanessa are still there, and also help Katie out.

Katie huffs, running a hand through her hair. "I guess. I'm just nervous."

"Do you want me to do it? If it'll help..." Calum trails off, knowing Katie really wants to do this herself.

"No. I can do it. It's not that. It's how he's going to react. Whatever! I don't want to talk about it!" Katie exclaims, looking down at the table. She couldn't look anybody in the eyes.

Though the topic doesn't change right away. Both Fallon and Vanessa are on their phones while Katie is off in a daze as Calum rubbed her back comfortingly.

"Katie!" Fallon shrieks,

"What?" Katie exclaims in shock, startled by Fallon's sudden outburst. Both Vanessa and Calum flinch as well, also caught off guard.

"We got it!" She yells in response.

"Clarify, please!" She asks in a panicked tone. She was on edge, having no idea what Fallon's problem in.

"The apartment! We're moving out!"

"Oh my god?" Katie yells, getting up and throwing her arms around her best friend.

The pair decided to move out together only a few weeks ago, but they didn't want to tell any of their friends incase it didn't work out. Fallon had run into some issues with her parents and needs to move out as soon as she can. She couldn't afford it on her own, so she asked Katie if she was looking to move.

"We got it." Fallon repeats, somewhat still in disbelief.

"Wait, oh my god? This one was available starting August first, right?"

"Yeah."

"So we're moving in like two weeks?" Katie exclaims, panic starting to set in.

"It'll be fine, Katie!" Fallon laughs. "There's no rush. If we have to sleep on the floor, we sleep on the floor. There's still time."

Katie appreciated how calm Fallon could be during times like this. It helped Katie somewhat relax. She was grateful Fallon could keep her grounded.

"We're also all here to help you, there's no need to stress." Calum smiles, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

She smiles, leaning into him as Calum wraps an arm around her.

"Kate, not to be rude, but you literally don't have a job." Calum quietly laughs, quickly tightening his grip on her.

"Hey! I'm looking! My parents said they'll help me out for a couple months then I'm on my own."

"I'm happy for you." He speaks softly before pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Thank you." She whispers, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Oh my god, we're moving out!" Fallon yells, a squeal passing her lips.

"I can't wait to crash at your place at least once a week." Vanessa laughs, looking between Fallon and Katie.

"Yay! I love it." Fallon cheers, though frantically typing on her phone. She wanted to reply to the email right away.

"This is kinda wild to me. Luke moved out. Now you two. I gotta get my shit sorted." Calum jokes, gently nudging Katie.

"It's fine, I'm sure you'll be visiting enough." Katie smiles up at him.

Fallon groans. "Ugh, am I going to have to listen to you two fuck all the time?"

"Fal, Stop!" Katie laughs, trying to hide in embarrassment behind Calum.

Calum laughs as Katie leans over, her head resting on his back as she hides her face in embarrassment.

Fallon shrugs, "I'm just asking."

As the conversation continues, Katie goes back to resting up against Calum. She barely listens, since she's too busy overthinking everything. She has to tell Luke now. Her and Calum would definitely be spending a lot more time together now that she's moving out. Luke has to find out before her and Calum start spending even more time together. He'd figure it out eventually, and she had to beat him to it.