09. Saturday September 13, 2014

Katie and her friends were all stuffed into a packed house, filled with other college students. There have been constant parties since the school year started, and the group has gone to most of them.

Luke and Katie were watching Michael and Ashton play a game of beer pong, they also had no idea where Calum was.

The pair stand close to each other, and Luke uses his free hand that's not holding his drink to pull Katie closer to him. He keeps his arm draped around her, his hand on her waist.

"Luke, stop." Katie mutters, removing his hand as she takes a step away from him, where she originally was.

"What?" Luke asks, confused by her reaction.

"I don't need every guy here to think we're dating. I'll be single all of college if you keep doing this." Katie tells him, trying to force a laugh to seem more playful. She doesn't want to offend Luke, but she also wants to have some fun.

"Oh. Okay, yeah." Luke replies, trying his best to not seem upset. He didn't care if people thought they were dating. He wanted to be dating her. But he wouldn't put up a fight, because he knew he would never end up dating her.

Katie felt nervous after Luke responds, because she knows he's not happy. She wanted to just leave the situation, so she does. "I'm gonna go see if there's something for me to drink. It's starting to wear off."

Luke nods in response, and Katie walks off, pushing her way through the crowd. When she gets to the kitchen, there's a whole pile of drinks are out on the counter. Katie grabs one not paying much attention to what it is, knowing she'll drink it. She looks up, seeing Calum enter the kitchen as well.

"Hey!" She cheers, holding her arms out to give him a hug.

"Hey!" He replies, quickly hugging her back.

"Where've you been?" She asks, looking up at him before taking a sip of her drink.

"Socializing. Drinking. Smoking. Dancing. You know." Calum laughs, shaking his head.

"Sounds fun!" She smiles, as the two walk back out into the crowd together.

Calum walks closely behind her with his hand on the small of her back, keeping an eye out for any guys who may try something. As much as he loved Katie, he knew his friend wasn't always the most observant. She could be oblivious, and he just wanted to protect her.

When Luke sees them he rolls his eyes. Katie just told Luke to stop acting like that, but she's fine when Calum does it? It bothered Luke that Calum always seemed to get away with more than him. But he just had to remind himself that Katie spends her time in his bed, or in the backseat of his car. Not Calum's.

Katie and Calum join their friend group, Ashton and Michael's game of beer pong now finished.

"There's Calum!" Michael drunkenly smiles, waving at his friend.

Calum laughs, stepping away from Katie so he's no longer touching her. "I'm here."

Eventually the group all breaks off, and it's just Luke and Katie together once again. He had to hold back from grabbing her hand, because that's all he wanted to do but he knew Katie would yell at him if he did.

Though Katie had told him she didn't want to be all couple-y in public, she's was definitely ready to make out with him for a bit.

"Wanna go?" Katie asks, grabbing his hand quickly squeezing but then letting go just as fast.

He knew what she meant, and he hastily links his arm with hers, leading her to the front door. Once outside the pair start their walk back to Ashton's place. It's fairly close, so neither of them complained.